Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
    I'm going to look into this.
    I agree with the others. Chances are good you are shooting the wrong draw length if you hit your arm like that. Draw length is an ego thing with some folks, some are chasing speed, and some honestly just don't realize they are doing it wrong.

This will get you in the ball park:

Good draw length:

Bad draw length (to be technically correct, some obviously shoot fine over drawing like this):

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      I agree with the others. Chances are good you are shooting the wrong draw length if you hit your arm like that. Draw length is an ego thing with some folks, some are chasing speed, and some honestly just don't realize they are doing it wrong.

This will get you in the ball park:

Good draw length:

Bad draw length (to be technically correct, some obviously shoot fine over drawing like this):

This was very helpful. Based on my arm span measurement of 76.5, the chart says I should be at 30.6 draw length. But based on the height vs. draw length, it says I should be closer to 29.

In comparison to the pics, I am hitting my nose and ear similar to the first pic. I need to measure the current draw on the bow but I believe it is sitting right at 30 from when they set it up at West Houston. It seems like I may need to have it shortened just a tad bit?

Comment

The good thing about that is ... you will never do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
          This was very helpful. Based on my arm span measurement of 76.5, the chart says I should be at 30.6 draw length. But based on the height vs. draw length, it says I should be closer to 29.

In comparison to the pics, I am hitting my nose and ear similar to the first pic. I need to measure the current draw on the bow but I believe it is sitting right at 30 from when they set it up at West Houston. It seems like I may need to have it shortened just a tad bit?
          I recently shortened my DL by 1/2 inch. it makes a BIG difference! you don't realize till you try the new length. depending on string age/use, they may have stretched a bit too.

Comment

That looks quite painful. I have never done one that bad...... atleast not yet

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              Probably not a good thing to admit on a Bowhunting forum. Wait, very few on here bow hunts anyway. You are good!
              lol there are some people here who do not even own a bow anymore

Comment

Looks like you had a baseball bat taken to you. Never got one near that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
                  The good thing about that is ... you will never do it again.
                  That is for sure, my friend.

Comment

Dang man! Muscle memory brother. I am not expert bad any stretch of the imagination but one thing I learned from my time in the Marines; slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Keep practicing the right form every time.

Thank you for sharing. I know I learned a few things from the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                      Looks like you had a baseball bat taken to you. Never got one near that bad.
                      Yeah it hurt like a son of a gun when it happened but thankfully I had a lot of work to do this weekend so I kept it moving and stretching and worked the pain out pretty quickly. I imagine it would've really sucked if I just let it swell up and be all sore. Skin is still pretty raw though. My wife hasn't seen it yet, and I can guarantee she will make fun of me more than anyone on here ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertD View Post
                        Thank you for sharing. I know I learned a few things from the responses.
                        Absolutely agree. I figured I'd learn from the responses.

Comment

Not hard to see that I'd painful. Even a slap not that hard is painful. Does happen from time to time to every one of us even if we all don't admit it. Not ashamed to say it has happened to me more than once. Learned my lesson on the last one. Practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Blood thinners/aspirin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ouch, I did that once and it hurt like a SOB

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                                Blood thinners/aspirin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I was going to ask the same question.

Comment

Working...