Rough Country Torsion Bar Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Country Torsion Bar Tool

I'm at the point where I'm ready to level my '02 1500HD. I've been unsuccessful with the regular torsion bar tools that Auto Zone and O'reilly rents - the threads strip, the clamp bends, etc...

Have y'all had luck with one of these? Would anybody be willing to let me borrow theirs? I'm happy to send a deposit and cover shipping both ways, of course. I'm in the DFW area.

Here's what I'm looking for...

Ttt

Comment

TTT for Sunday AM

Comment

if your looking to ha e them adjusted I had mine done at Briscoe in Denton. Highly recommended place

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

I did mine a few years ago, fairly easy to use. I'll look around my garage and see if I can find the tool. If I can find it you can borrow it.

Comment

Thanks 0007 - appreciate you checking. You're completely right, the process is super simple with the right tool

Comment

i think i still have that tool when i did my rough country lift. Let me check when i get back in town. i cant remember if I resold it or still have it. I'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                i think i still have that tool when i did my rough country lift. Let me check when i get back in town. i cant remember if I resold it or still have it. I'll let you know

Thanks bud. I really appreciate it!

Comment

That tool is superior to what Oriely had to loan but the Oriely one worked fine on my sons 2500 Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    That tool is superior to what Oriely had to loan but the Oriely one worked fine on my sons 2500 Chevy

Very true. The one they rent is supposed to be good for the 1 tons also. But these aftermarket keys have to be raised about another inch or so and the one they rented me failed. These from RC are supposedly designed to manage the aftermarket keys.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofshots View Post
                      Very true. The one they rent is supposed to be good for the 1 tons also. But these aftermarket keys have to be raised about another inch or so and the one they rented me failed. These from RC are supposedly designed to manage the aftermarket keys.
                      As I said, no doubt the RC are superior but the Oriely one worked for after market keys in the 2500.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        As I said, no doubt the RC are superior but the Oriely one worked for after market keys in the 2500.

Gotcha - didn't realize you went with the aftermarket keys. I'm curious, did you use pneumatic tools or a long breaker bar to apply the pressure? My compressor didn't have enough oomph to get it done so I had to use a bar. Not sure if it would make any difference...

Comment

Thanks bud. I really appreciate it!
                          Do you still need it? I found it at my dads garage today when i got back in town. PM me your address and i can ship it for you today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            Do you still need it? I found it at my dads garage today when i got back in town. PM me your address and i can ship it for you today or tomorrow.

Yes please! PM inbound...

Comment

Gotcha - didn't realize you went with the aftermarket keys. I'm curious, did you use pneumatic tools or a long breaker bar to apply the pressure? My compressor didn't have enough oomph to get it done so I had to use a bar. Not sure if it would make any difference...

Impact, but you have a better deal working!

Comment

Working...
                              X