Tailgate feeder and East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailgate feeder and East Tx

Anybody use one with any luck? I live like 4mi from where I hunt. Was just wondering if one would work in east tx, van Zandt cty to be exact

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yup, I’ve had a lot of success with them.

Comment

Yes that is how we corn the lanes we have on our lease. I think it works very well.

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Don't know about east TX but in S. TX the deer prefer the road corn to corn under feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by redleif View Post
            Don't know about east TX but in S. TX the deer prefer the road corn to corn under feeder.
            Same in Angelina county...

Comment

Only problem I have is hogs tearing up the roads I corn. Rocky roads would hold up better with corning.

Comment

I used to feed with one on my golf cart about twice weekly and each time I hunted. It worked well for me.

Comment

We dont really have roads, but would probably be good to run along the edge of the woods for rifle season. For those that have ran one, did you do it year round? Start couple months before season? In one pasture there are cattle....think the tailgate would be good that way the cattle wouldn't find it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do it as often as I can and start in August/September. People I know that do it daily around there house have tons of deer that are waiting on you when you drive out

Comment

thanks for info. i am going to try and get one and try it.

Comment

I use with success in Hardin County.

Comment

I use one during the colder months. Beats getting out and spreading it by hand. I usually corn the majority of my shooting lanes Friday night while I'm checking cameras. There's still corn on the ground when I leave Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            I use one during the colder months. Beats getting out and spreading it by hand. I usually corn the majority of my shooting lanes Friday night while I'm checking cameras. There's still corn on the ground when I leave Sunday.
                            Just a thought. Have you tried not checking cameras on Friday. Check them before you leave. Ive had people on my lease that pull up and go straight to their cameras, have pictures up until the day they get there, but see no deer.....

I corn from buggy and dont get out. I dont check cameras until Im leaving the lease.

Comment

If you think about, with a road feeder you’re conditioning the deer that particular noise equals feed....same as when you’re feeder goes off. I make sure every time I drive to, from, past one of my stands I am using my road feeder. Whether it is during or not during season.

Comment

Working...
                              X