Toyota fuel pump safety recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota fuel pump safety recall

Just wanted to see if there was anyone on here that was affected by the Toyota fuel pump safety recall. My 2019 Tacoma was one of the vehicles that was on the list. In The beginning of this June 2020 my truck started acting up. I went into the dealership and they said that it was the fuel pump which was under safety recall. The dealership said that I could keep running it until the pump went completely out. Well low and behold the next day it went completely out. Toyota took the truck and said that it would be September before they could develop a new fuel pump. So since June my truck has been sitting at the dealership waiting to be fixed. I have now been told that it could be October or November before one is developed. If any of y’all on here have been affected, have y’all heard anything different?
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that. Did they set you up with a loaner? I have a ‘19 Tundra and haven’t had any issues other than a turn light that was on recall.

Comment

16 tundra and I've received no recalls.

Comment

Dang
        Just bought a Tacoma last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
          Sorry to hear that. Did they set you up with a loaner? I have a ‘19 Tundra and haven’t had any issues other than a turn light that was on recall.
          Yes, Thankfully they did set me up with a loaner. The only bad thing, my truck was my office basically and had lights on it for work

Comment

Comment

Had wife's '18 Highlander done a couple of weeks ago, took about 3 hours I think

Comment

they can't put a replacement old stock on for you in the meantime? You could prolly do it yourself in the driveway until the new parts come in.

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                  they can't put a replacement old stock on for you in the meantime? You could prolly do it yourself in the driveway until the new parts come in.
                  Already tried to get them to do that and they are saying they can’t throw another on until they develop a new one, due to it being a safety issue

Comment

that sucks.... I have a 2104 tundra my fuel pump went out at the end of August at 70k miles

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Had wife's '18 Highlander done a couple of weeks ago, took about 3 hours I think
                      I talked to toyota again today and they said that all the other models have had a new one developed EXCEPT the Tacoma’s.... smh

Comment

Originally posted by Luremaker View Post
                        I talked to toyota again today and they said that all the other models have had a new one developed EXCEPT the Tacoma’s.... smh
                        I figured they all had the same pump on V6?

Comment

Originally posted by Luremaker View Post
                          That's what happens when the taco was only developed for America...Sorry for your luck OP.

Comment

That's a typical toyota recall. My 06 tacoma broke a leaf spring. I had it fixed. A month later toyota recalls the springs because they were breaking, but won't have a fix until a later date. Almost 2 years goes by before I sold the truck and still no official "fix" from toyota. My mom's 4runner has pearl paint issues, covered under recall/warranty. It's been at least a year with no "solution" available from toyota. Luckily my tundra wasn't affected by the fuel pump recall...

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              That's a typical toyota recall. My 06 tacoma broke a leaf spring. I had it fixed. A month later toyota recalls the springs because they were breaking, but won't have a fix until a later date. Almost 2 years goes by before I sold the truck and still no official "fix" from toyota. My mom's 4runner has pearl paint issues, covered under recall/warranty. It's been at least a year with no "solution" available from toyota. Luckily my tundra wasn't affected by the fuel pump recall...
                              Wow, Toyota really sucks. I was a ford guy before I bought the Tacoma. Should have trusted my gut and just stayed with Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X