22-250 help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22-250 help....

Ok guys, looking for recommendations on deer/hog round for 22-250. What are y’all having the best luck with?? Also what deer shot placement to have y’all had the best luck with? Thanks!

Gotta M77s varmint that I’ll be playing with soon.

shoot them in the heart with a soft point. Do not use ballistic tips on deer

Comment

55 or 62 gr soft point bullets will kill hogs and deer in their tracks if you put them through the heart and spine (point of the shoulder). They'll kill stuff with other shot placements too. You just might have to follow a blood trail a little ways.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
        shoot them in the heart with a soft point. Do not use ballistic tips on deer
        Are you saying don't use BT's in 22-250 for deer? Or just don't use BT's for deer period?

I ask because I've been using BT's for deer for a couple of seasons now and they've worked really well. The blood trails are gnarly.

Comment

64gr sp neck or shoulder shot under 150 yds

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Are you saying don't use BT's in 22-250 for deer? Or just don't use BT's for deer period?

I ask because I've been using BT's for deer for a couple of seasons now and they've worked really well. The blood trails are gnarly.
            I have killed lots of pigs and Deer with the 55gr Vmax with no complaints
            form any of them.

Comment

I shot a pig twice with a 55 gr Vmax before he dropped. To be fair, he was running away from me. I exploded one of his hams with the first shot, and he spun around, and I hit him behind the shoulder and he dropped. Just 100lb hog. Bullet didn't come close to exiting.

Comment

62 gr Speer gold dot will get er done.
                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 08-20-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I've killed a pile of them with 55 grain Remington green box. Ive shot most of mine in the neck but my wife has killed several nice bucks with it shooting them in the point of the shoulder.

Comment

I’ve killed many a deer with my 22-250 with 55 grain ballistic tips. Mostly high neck shots but many a doe straight through the shoulder never went far.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

Mainly for 22-250. I am not an expert but I have seen 22-250 BT and 25-06 BT used on deer and hit shoulder and the deer lived. Also seed hogs shot in the head and it not go through the skull.
                      Having said that with proper shot placement any bullet will work.

Comment

Soft point in the Lungs or high shoulder. Neck shot would also work but can be tricky.

Bullet probably won’t exit so blood trail could be sparse with a lung shot.

Comment

Comment

We use the Remington 55gr PSP, but only shoot for the neck. Only issue I have with shooting behind the shoulder is the blood trail is typically non-existent.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Remington 55 gr. soft points work well for me. You can shoot pigs and deer anywhere from the neck to double lung and they won't go far. One of the most underrated hunting calibers there is. Use a soft point and hunt with confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X