Morning or Evening Hunt, preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning or Evening Hunt, preference?

Which do you prefer to hunt, morning or evening? I always liked a morning hunt, but this Senior citizen I know thinks evenings are better.

I like the mornings because it seems like you see animals longer on average. They show up just before daybreak and will see them until 8:30-9:00, longer if it’s a full moon. Evenings always seemed like it was the last 45 minutes or so.

Which do y’all prefer and why?

Evenings, just because it’s when I seem to have my luck. I wish it was the other way around, because blood trailing in the daylight is sure easier, but then again it’s colder at night, if you have to let the animal lay.

I just like time on the stand, but give me one last hunt and I would choose evening.

Comment

Morning hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Evening...as time passes, it gets better.

Morning...as time passes, it gets worse.

Comment

I like evening hunts better but it’s much easier to track in the morning.

Comment

Much prefer morning hunts. Not much compares to seeing the day start. But thinking back through it, I am far more successful in the evenings.

Comment

I’m a morning fan at my stand out West. Love that time out there. Animals move from the second you can see and for hours afterwards. 90% of my kills out there are mornings.

In Lavaca County I prefer the evening hunts as they always seem to produce more game and success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally, anytime is best, as a bad day of hunting is better than a good day of working. I usually try to be in my stand between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. because my feeder goes off at 3:30 p.m. Deer are usually there by 3:35 p.m. if not earlier and I can sit and watch them. My best buck to date, typical 12 that scored 144 3/8 was taken at 1:30 p.m., as he was slipping thru the woods with no feeder around me. I sat up on a water hole to shoot some pigs as it was SO hot that weekend and here he came, about 15-minutes after I got to my stand.

As for the morning, I usually get to my stand at a minimum of 1-hour before legal shooting light so that all will settle down and I might try to catch a quick nap

Comment

Evenings. Always seem to have better luck.

Comment

Mornings for me, like watching and listening to the woods wake up in the morning and it's much easier to track blood trails and clean deer in daylight [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer evenings, less risk of spooking deer when walking to the stand and most of my better deer have been killed in the evening, also usually not as cold lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like evenings my self..

Comment

Morning. Love hearing the woods come alive. Plus, it’s easier tracking in the daylight. Too many sleepless nights waiting for sun to come up to track animal wounded right before dark.

Comment

All my big deer have been shot in the morning. During the rut mornings are better also IMO.

Comment

Morning. It always seem more peaceful in the morning. Sometimes I like to sit in a stand and just watch the sun come up. Plus, I'd rather look for a deer while the sun is coming up than when it's going down.

Comment

Working...
                              X