?Law(s) for thermal scope & scanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?Law(s) for thermal scope & scanners

What's the rules or status for using thermal scopes or thermal scanners during legal daylight shooting hours in Colorado for elk or deer?

I found this info online so far:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks illegal from what you posted only after legal shooting hours. Sounds legal during daylight (Hunting ) hours.

Comment

I have a handheld scanner that could be useful but want to be 100% legal

I have a call & vm into a Colorado GW to get more clarification

Comment

My conversation with a CPW GW was “if it aids you in successfully harvesting a game animal it’s illegal...” This conversation was 3 years ago but I understood her point.
          Every year I wanna bring my drone just for filming purposes. But just the risk of having and having a game animal on the ground gets really questionable.

Ive played all the scenarios in my head and can’t figure out how having a thermal scanner would not aide you in successfully harvesting your game.

Comment

Yes that’s definitely logical thinking & I feel like that’s the answer I’ll hear from a GW which I’ll be ok with

Colorado is a Lib state but those GW’s aren’t lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
              My conversation with a CPW GW was “if it aids you in successfully harvesting a game animal it’s illegal...” This conversation was 3 years ago but I understood her point.
              Every year I wanna bring my drone just for filming purposes. But just the risk of having and having a game animal on the ground gets really questionable.

Ive played all the scenarios in my head and can’t figure out how having a thermal scanner would not aide you in successfully harvesting your game.

The logic of “anything that aids in successful harvest is illegal” would imply a rifle scope is illegal because it allows you to shoot further...
              Very curious to see what the Colorado GW says

Comment

Working...
              X