Cancelling a Firearm Order - GT Distributors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to cancel an online order while it's still in processing? I couldn't find what I wanted in stock, so I ordered a different gun from GT Distributors. Now, I found what I wanted, and would like to cancel the previous one. The order was delayed anyways because the FFL had to send in their info, and I needed to send in my info for blue label. I replied to the email that requested the further info on attempt to cancel it, but that won't be seen till Monday. Just wondering if it was even worth the try.

they are open on Saturdays. call them

Hours:
    Closes soon ⋅ 4PM ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Mon
    Phone: (512) 451-8298

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
      they are open on Saturdays. call them

Hours:
      Closes soon ⋅ 4PM ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Mon
      Phone: (512) 451-8298
      I tried. Customer service is closed

Comment

Not sure if it will be more or less difficult if it's a blue label firearm-- but if its a glock, given the market, you can probably flip it for more than your BL price

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
          Not sure if it will be more or less difficult if it's a blue label firearm-- but if its a glock, given the market, you can probably flip it for more than your BL price
          Though i'm pretty sure that is against policy/rules for Blue Label purchases...

Comment

Originally posted by m714 View Post
            Though i'm pretty sure that is against policy/rules for Blue Label purchases...
            You are probably right-- and Im guessing that's why they limit the annual purchase.

I guess it gets down to the ethic- if he can't cancel and it isn't what he wants/needs then he should sell it. If it wasn't his intent to make a profit I don't think there is a huge problem with it.

I'm sure there are plenty of blue label/IOP guns floating around as often as guys upgrade, change rigs, etc.

Comment

You are probably right-- and Im guessing that's why they limit the annual purchase.

I guess it gets down to the ethic- if he can't cancel and it isn't what he wants/needs then he should sell it. If it wasn't his intent to make a profit I don't think there is a huge problem with it.

I'm sure there are plenty of blue label/IOP guns floating around as often as guys upgrade, change rigs, etc.
              Not looking to make a profit. If I can't cancel it, then I'll sell. I've already been contacted by one person for it. I don't buy firearms a lot, so the limit for blue labels won't affect me.

Comment

Yes they will cancel the order, give you a 10% bonus, and send you an Arby's roast beef sandwich for the opportunity.

Comment

There was a fella who got in serious trouble for that. No FFL and all

I'd be interested if it's a 48 or a 17 mos. For purchase price of course

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    There was a fella who got in serious trouble for that. No FFL and all

I'd be interested if it's a 48 or a 17 mos. For purchase price of course

Legally he would be fine, as he didn’t purchase it with the intent of selling. But as mentioned previously, he would be in violation of Glocks Blue Label agreement. Sounds like OP was able to get everything squared away though.

*Disclaimer: not an attorney

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Legally he would be fine, as he didn’t purchase it with the intent of selling. But as mentioned previously, he would be in violation of Glocks Blue Label agreement. Sounds like OP was able to get everything squared away though.

*Disclaimer: not an attorney
                      Yes, it was glock that went after him. Dude was buying blue label stuff and selling them for retail. He was buying several a year and using different dealers. Someone at glock caught it doing paperwork and had the atf pay him a visit

Comment

Yes, it was glock that went after him. Dude was buying blue label stuff and selling them for retail. He was buying several a year and using different dealers. Someone at glock caught it doing paperwork and had the atf pay him a visit

Sounds like you’re talking about an individual buying and reselling for a profit, which is definitely illegal if that was his intent (which shouldn’t be hard to show given the story). Glock has taken Blue Label guns out of a lot of shops as well. They mandate the dealers sell them at their set pricing but the markup is so low that a lot of shops were padding that price to make a bigger profit.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          Glock has taken Blue Label guns out of a lot of shops for this. They mandate the dealers sell them at their set pricing but the markup is so low that a lot of shops were padding that price to make a bigger profit.
                          I'm not convinced a store in central Houston isnt doing this. The last two times I've called they quote prices higher than GT and the next closest BL dealer.

Apparently glock takes pricing seriously. A glock rep paid a visit to a buddy of mines shop about 2 years ago. His in store prices were below MSRP. In order to carry glock his tags now says "POR" for price on request

Comment

I'm not convinced a store in central Houston isnt doing this. The last two times I've called they quote prices higher than GT and the next closest BL dealer.

Apparently glock takes pricing seriously. A glock rep paid a visit to a buddy of mines shop about 2 years ago. His in store prices were below MSRP. In order to carry glock his tags now says "POR" for price on request

Yup, Glock uses MAP pricing and you’re not allowed to advertise below their suggested retail. Blue Label prices are also set by Glock and should be the same across the board, but as you mentioned that’s often not the reality. Turn him into a Blue Label rep, and then buy from GT because their selection and customer service is better anyways.

Comment

I was able to get it canceled this morning. No issues

Comment

Working...
                              X