Watch out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out!!

Walked up in this guy today!!! I didn’t even see him. Was walking the property with a guy giving me an estimate for land clearing when he seen him. I’m sure glad he did cause he probably would have to carry me out of the woods!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timber rattler

Comment

Wow! And Is that near Weldon? Not all that far from me, im SW of Coldspring just a little. Ive never seen a rattler here.

Comment

Wow, yea they are out in force in west texas also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dave797 View Post
          Wow! And Is that near Weldon? Not all that far from me, im SW of Coldspring just a little. Ive never seen a rattler here.

Yes sir, in Weldon.

Comment

There are a ton of them along the trinity river.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              There are a ton of them along the trinity river.

Now you jus' hesh up with that kind a talk! I ain't never seen one an' I live n hunt the Trinity river bottoms.... You gon' make me skeer'd to go out!

Comment

thats a beast

Comment

Yep, that's a pretty one... and dangerous.

Comment

Protected too. I had one in my front yard last year and it was over 3' long. Had to gently relocate it to another part of the property.

Be safe.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                      Protected too. I had one in my front yard last year and it was over 3' long. Had to gently relocate it to another part of the property.

Be safe.

Doug
                      Not protected any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

From TPWD -

exas Threatened and Endangered Species Protections

Animals

The Texas legislature has authorized regulations pertaining to the management, regulation, and protection of native animals listed as state threatened or endangered.
                        • Endangered animal species: Species of fish or wildlife indigenous to Texas are endangered if listed on the United States List of Endangered Native Fish and Wildlife or the list of fish or wildlife threatened with statewide extinction as filed by the director of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD).
                        • Threatened animal species: Any species that TPWD has determined is likely to become endangered in the future.
                        • No person may capture, trap, take, or kill, or attempt to capture, trap, take, or kill, threatened or endangered fish or wildlife.

Still sounds pretty protected to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          From TPWD -

exas Threatened and Endangered Species Protections

Animals

The Texas legislature has authorized regulations pertaining to the management, regulation, and protection of native animals listed as state threatened or endangered.
                          • Endangered animal species: Species of fish or wildlife indigenous to Texas are endangered if listed on the United States List of Endangered Native Fish and Wildlife or the list of fish or wildlife threatened with statewide extinction as filed by the director of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD).
                          • Threatened animal species: Any species that TPWD has determined is likely to become endangered in the future.
                          • No person may capture, trap, take, or kill, or attempt to capture, trap, take, or kill, threatened or endangered fish or wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Until you read that it was removed from the list that the quoted law applies to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              Until you read that it was removed from the list that the quoted law applies to.

As of this morning TPWD website still lists them as threatened.

You have official link that says otherwise?

Comment

Working...
                              X