Lake Somerville yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Somerville yesterday

50 boat wait to launch....at Overlook park...
    Come through the gate....we were 6 boats deep from the turn to go to the ramp....
    All the way down the road and circled around the parking lot....
    Took 1 hr and 15 mins to launch and 40 mins to put it back on the trailer at 7 pm....
    Have never seen it like that... luckily only a few Yahoo's waited until the ramp to prep their boats...

Fun day after the wait though....
    People had to get out of the house apparently

That is crazy. Glad you had a good day once you got on the water though.

Comment

We put in at 7:30 and there were ~10 boats in front of us. Went pretty quickly. Limited out on Whites and we’re back at the dock at 10. We were finally loaded at 11:30. There was a family in a Jeep that had there junk jack knifed across both ramps. He then proceeds to just push the boat off the trailer with no one in it! The north wind gets it and it takes off towards the marina. He and both of his kids take off swimming after it and catch it half way to the marina. Meanwhile the wife just sits in the Jeep watching. Would not move it.

We left and you couldn’t see the boat ramp from the start of the line. People were turning around.

Comment

There were a lot of boats in conroe yesterday too. The 830 ramp wasn’t bad though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          There were a lot of boats in conroe yesterday too. The 830 ramp wasn’t bad though.

Where is the 830 ramp ? Free ?

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
            We put in at 7:30 and there were ~10 boats in front of us. Went pretty quickly. Limited out on Whites and we’re back at the dock at 10. We were finally loaded at 11:30. There was a family in a Jeep that had there junk jack knifed across both ramps. He then proceeds to just push the boat off the trailer with no one in it! The north wind gets it and it takes off towards the marina. He and both of his kids take off swimming after it and catch it half way to the marina. Meanwhile the wife just sits in the Jeep watching. Would not move it.

We left and you couldn’t see the boat ramp from the start of the line. People were turning around.

I was surprised it went as fast as it did....when we got in the water we headed over towards the West end because it was windy and nobody was up there...
            When we finally launch there was still 50 boats waiting...
            Funny to watch people at a boat ramp... frustrating but funny

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              Where is the 830 ramp ? Free ?

Yes free. Take a left on FM 830 off 45 and it will dead end into lake Conroe. There are 2 ramps but can get crowded.

Comment

Oh ok...I'm completely on the west side near Conroe...
                Tired of paying $15 when I do go to Conroe...which isn't that often

Comment

^ wouldn’t Scott’s ridge be a better option for you? Do we know if that opened back up?

Comment

I am not familiar with that one....

Looking for a ramp near fajita jacks ...I come from Magnolia area

Comment

Gotta love the people at the ramp that aren't prepared to launch. Just have to smile and even laugh sometimes as I have seen some funny stuff.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know boats were out on the river down here yesterday in full force. Boat ramp didn’t have any parking. It’s not that crowded on holiday weekends.

Comment

I will not go to Somerville on a weekend or holiday. NOTHING but maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            50 boat wait to launch....at Overlook park...
                            Come through the gate....we were 6 boats deep from the turn to go to the ramp....
                            All the way down the road and circled around the parking lot....
                            Took 1 hr and 15 mins to launch and 40 mins to put it back on the trailer at 7 pm....
                            Have never seen it like that... luckily only a few Yahoo's waited until the ramp to prep their boats...

Fun day after the wait though....
                            People had to get out of the house apparently
                            Pretty sure I would have been like...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Love to see this.

Comment

Working...
                              X