No announcement yet.

Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went from one every so often over the summer, to dozens in the last week. I have two feeders that I’m filling twice a day. Those wild morning glory flowers are covering our fence lines, and we have plenty of spiders.

Comment

It has been a feeding frenzy around my 3 feeders on the front porch and the ones on the gazebo in the back yard... One of our better years for the migrators... Probably had a dozen or more in front and back yards... They are mesmerizing to watch!

Comment

Ruby’s have moved in to my feeders, usually, it’s black chinned, lots of different birds moving

Comment

Getting more action here lately. I would guess we have around 15 or so…
          Hoping it picks up some soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
            I have had decent numbers but not like years past but that has been with all birds.

Great pics of these totally cool little guys. And they have more “attitude” per ounce than most critters have per pound.

Comment

Bill takes beautiful pics.

Comment

We returned home after being gone last week. This morning the humming birds increased their presence in nunmbers we haven’t seen in several years.

Comment

We have 3 so far in S Houston....................

Comment

Every day in Kingwood. From the super tiny ruby throated ones that are dark emerald green to bigger ones that almost the size of a sparrow. My wife has all kinds of flowers that attract butterflies and hummingbirds. We don’t use the sugar water bait, but we have seen them come to an old feeder we use to use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hummers

We have 3 feeders out and you have fill them 2 and 3 every day. Never had this many. Cannot even walk on the back porch.

Comment

Just put a feeder out yesterday on Tbend. They are absolutely everywhere. Lots of them little rascals... they spend more time chasing each other than eating.

Comment

5 feeders out and have to refill once a week. They also hit the wildflower garden and all the other flowering plants except her Plumerias. They will be gone in another 3-4 weeks.
                          We plant a lot of flowers that are specific for Hummers to help them along their way.
                          Hyacinth bean or Jack Bean are a favorite. Trellis or fence row. The vines grow 15-20 ft long and produce thousands of purple bean flowers that resemble blackeyed pea flowers. https://youtu.be/oALYbj5nAQE
                          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-19-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Pit out 2 feeders Friday and have 5 fighting over them here in Katy.

Comment

Our birds are gone.

Comment

Wife said we are still covered up. She sent me a few pics this morning. I’m guessing this cold front will push most of them out.

I’ve never seen one as light colored as the one on the left in this picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X