No announcement yet.

Camper stolen!! TBH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that has priced replacing a RV fridge knows how expensive replacement can be. Water heater, water pump, heater, converter, A/C unit, are all expensive to replace making thievery profitable. It’s a shame so much theft goes on with so few crimes being solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Water heater, AC, fridge, inverter, propane tanks, battery, TV, microwave.....all in short supply recently.
      Wait a cotton pick'n minute. Didn't you just put a AC in a RV?

Comment

So, what prompted to it being checked out as stolen? And found where ever it was?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          So, what prompted to it being checked out as stolen? And found where ever it was?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
          It probably got dumped somewhere then towed to the storage lot. Once it sits for say 30 days the lot has to find out who the owner is and give them a chance to pay the fees and get their vehicle.

In this case they ran the vin and it came back stolen. The ncic/tcic returns would have the OP contact information

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm really stupid about all this. Where does a thief sale these camper appliances? I guess ebay, FB market place, etc. Us buyers from these places may be part of the problem. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              It probably got dumped somewhere then towed to the storage lot. Once it sits for say 30 days the lot has to find out who the owner is and give them a chance to pay the fees and get their vehicle.

In this case they ran the vin and it came back stolen. The ncic/tcic returns would have the OP contact information

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rodger that. I was hoping it was recovered in a raid of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by ShooterJr. View Post
                Hope they find it unless you don’t mind the total and don’t want it recovered….. I had my truck, enclosed trailer, and all my equipment stolen this year and I wish that truck would have never been found. Been absolute hell with it ever since. They tore it up. Any questions about how much of a headache it will be and how to go about personal items please message me and I’ll give my 2 cents. Good luck on the search I’ll keep eye out along 35 this weekend while traveling
                See post 81 from today.

Comment

Ok I got the full PD story today. An informant tipped them off to a rural area with stolen vehicles and ours was in the mix with another trailer and some vehicles all being stripped for parts…… they said it was crystal meth related. No surprise at all.

Yes insurance paid me well for it and this is just a small piece of a big case from what I was told.

Comment

Glad it worked out.I hate a thief. I had one stolen from me years ago.Good thing for me the South of the border ***** stopped at a store at mid night where a buddy was buying some beer.He was from El Salvador with a Florida Drivers license.You should of seen everyone in the store glued to the window and the cops face when he pulled up and I have this guy on the ground with a 357 with a 8" barrel. Cocked that hammer back and he learned english real quick.

Comment

Glad it got recovered and put an end to the story... and glad it was not a TBH'er as was implied in the very beginning....since this site was the only place it was listed.... would be nice to hear how the whole story ends up..

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                        Ok I got the full PD story today. An informant tipped them off to a rural area with stolen vehicles and ours was in the mix with another trailer and some vehicles all being stripped for parts…… they said it was crystal meth related. No surprise at all.

Yes insurance paid me well for it and this is just a small piece of a big case from what I was told.
                        Glad about the insurance, no surprise about the crooks crystal meth involvement.

Comment

Working...
                        X