Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think another market crash is coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys think another market crash is coming?

Randomly came across this article and after I read it I jumped down a rabbit hole of other crash articles. All this is pretty confusing to me and thought I needed to ask the TBH brain trust about it. So what do you guys think is coming in the months ahead? I know it’s pretty wild with inflation, used cars, lumber, fuel, groceries.
    Ready or not, a stock market crash is coming.

Although we'll never know precisely when a crash will occur, how long it'll last, how steep the decline will be, or (in many instances) what the catalyst for the decline will be, history shows that crashes and corrections are a normal occurrence. History is also pretty clear about the general time frame when these declines occur -- and it isn't good news if you're looking for this young bull market to stretch its legs.

A hand circling and drawing an arrow to the bottom of a steep downtrend in a stock chart. IMAGE SOURCE: GETTY IMAGES.
    One of the biggest red flags can be seen on the valuation front. The S&P 500's (SNPINDEX:^GSPC) Shiller price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio -- a measure of inflation-adjusted earnings over the previous 10 years -- closed this past week at 37.28. For reference, that's more than double the average S&P 500 Shiller P/E dating back to 1870.

The concern is that in the previous four instances where the S&P 500's Shiller P/E ratio topped and sustained 30, the index went on to lose at least 20% not long thereafter. Precedent suggests that premium valuations like we're seeing now aren't well-tolerated for long periods of time.

History also sheds light on how the markets typically respond following a bear market bottom. At no point over the past 60 years has there been a bear market that didn't correct between 10% and 19.9% at least once within three years of hitting a bottom. We're now more than 14 months removed from the March 2020 bottom and have yet to see a double-digit percentage retracement in the benchmark S&P 500.

Additionally, stock market crashes and steep corrections are commonplace on Wall Street; they're the price of admission to one of the world's greatest wealth creators. Since 1950, we've witnessed 38 double-digit declines, or one every 1.87 years, on average. Wall Street is never going to precisely follow averages, but it does offer a reference point that declines are normal.

Following

Comment

It's inevitable!!

Comment

Nobody knows nothing and if they tell you they do, they’re lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it will have some heavy declines but follow history it will also rebound. Cant time the market

Comment

As Jerp once said on here, “nothing can eat for a few years without taking a dump”!

So, yeah at some point, I think it’s coming.

Comment

It’s coming!! When, I don’t know. I’m just gonna stack as much back as I can right now and wait.

Comment

Why it is where it is now is the real question.. Make 0 sense.
                Will it crash?? Fast and hard without a doubt.

Comment

Russia exiting all $ denominated assets from their wealth fund and buying into oil and coal assets. Occurring while US has 30% increase in Russian oil imports.

Expect several additional things to happen:
                  1. Oil prices will continue to increase and US will have no bargaining power because Biden and idiots trying to destroy US energy industry.
                  2. China to dump US treasury holdings once FED begins increasing interest rates and reducing FED balance sheet.

Objective is to destroy US economy and eliminate $ as premier world currency. If it works we will see big inflationary increase in western world.

It’s coming
                  70’s all over again but worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not a "crash". Just an "adjustment".

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      Russia exiting all $ denominated assets from their wealth fund and buying into oil and coal assets. Occurring while US has 30% increase in Russian oil imports.

Expect several additional things to happen:
                      1. Oil prices will continue to increase and US will have no bargaining power because Biden and idiots trying to destroy US energy industry.
                      2. China to dump US treasury holdings once FED begins increasing interest rates and reducing FED balance sheet.

Objective is to destroy US economy and eliminate $ as premier world currency. If it works we will see big inflationary increase in western world.

It’s coming
                      70’s all over again but worse

So Bitcoin is where we should park our cash for now?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Possibly or tangible assets.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

If I knew the answer to that I’d probably be somewhere really nice right now!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Possibly or tangible assets.
                            Ive got the tangible part covered and continue adding to that pile. Ive only traded bitcoin and other cryptos with play money. Im trying to decide if I should dump a chunk into Bitcoin and Ethereum. Im still not sure if that is a cushion to the US economy taking a dump.

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            If I knew the answer to that I’d probably be somewhere really nice right now!
                            Haha, Im right there with you brother!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Why it is where it is now is the real question.. Make 0 sense.
                              Will it crash?? Fast and hard without a doubt.
                              1) China controls its currency valuation. (Trump reduced their financial leverage and they released a virus.)

2) US Govt Quantitative Easing...been happening since around ‘08. There was four quarters to it...but since there is no actual national budget... phase/quarter 4 (QE4) is perpetual now...with all the quarters rotating and being tweaked as needed with the expanding federal deficit spending....IMO.

I think a banking or other financial system hack is imminent. The other hacks are prefaces to a larger attack. It doesnt have to happen in the US either.

I like that Jerp quote...thanks for regurgitating that gem MrG.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-05-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X