Solunar Tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solunar Tables

Do you hunt them? Have you found them to be accurate on wildlife movement?

If not, what have you seen to contradict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by SouthTexBow92 View Post
    Do you hunt them? Have you found them to be accurate on wildlife movement?

If not, what have you seen to contradict?

I go hunting when I can swing it. Whether it is poor, good, better or best.

It doesn't seem to matter, I hardly ever see a deer.

Comment

Maybe if I ever retire I'll hunt/fish them. For now I go when the opportunity arises. Interested to see the replies.

Comment

I hunt when I can but if I'm limited or need to pick days, I use them. Might as well put the odds in my favor as much as possible.

Comment

Hunting not so much, big believer with them on the fish though.

Comment

Use them every year to plan my South Texas hunt. Others happen when I get the chance.

Comment

I get in the tree whenever I get a chance, so I dont "hunt by them" but I do check out the tables to see what they say are the major/minor feeding times when I am hunting. I just like to see if deer movement actually matches up to what they say. Most of the time it is pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Comment

During bow season, I do for sure. Based on trail cam photos and observations, they seem to be fairly accurate, although there is a party almost every night at most of my stands. My thought is that I just try to optimize the time I spend in the stand. #1 (theory) I just try not to "over hunt" my spots (although I probably will this week). #2, my work schedule and proximity to my lease usually allow it. So, for example, my plan as of right now is to hunt pretty hard this week then again the week of the 19th. The week in between I will probably lay low, maybe take the kids to a "pig" stand a couple of days.

At that point, we will hopefully be getting pretty close to some rut activity. At my lease and in my area in general, once youth season kicks in and certainly general season, we have a lot of pressure. Of course, that corresponds with the rut. So, if I haven't found success during bow season, for me it becomes a matter of being out there as much as possible and hoping a buck makes a mistake. But I will still watch it and try to make the best decisions possible.

Comment

See thread on 3 Yr. T/C Study. I actually have a 4th year of data also. Small property, daylight trail cam pics, bucks only, Oct. 1 - Jan. 1. Pics during major and minor periods made up 75+% of all pics. I hunt when I can, but save my best spots for those days that the solunar tables line up with early morning or late evening.

Comment

I have used them for 25 years, especially when hunting or calling predators. Let's face it, most of the deer are tuned in on your feeder times.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      I get in the tree whenever I get a chance, so I dont "hunt by them" but I do check out the tables to see what they say are the major/minor feeding times when I am hunting. I just like to see if deer movement actually matches up to what they say. Most of the time it is pretty accurate, in my opinion.
                      Same here.

Comment

Working...
                      X