Hunting Trip Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Trip Recommendation

Okay, my son ships out in January for a 6 year commitment with the military. He thought about enlisting straight out of high school But never did and then went to seminary. He went to fire fighting school and has worked as an EMT for the past two years. He’s always had the itch and felt the call to be in the military and finally decided to fulfill that and enlisted in the Navy. His test scores were high and they recruited him as a Nuclear Engineer.

So reason for this post, we don’t have a deer lease this year so looking for a good fun yet affordable (it’s last minute and haven’t saved up for this) hunt for the two of us to do. Whitetail, exotics would be fun, mule deer.... open to recommendations. In state or out of state. Bow/gun. If we could do something 3-7 days affordable would be good. Let me know what you might have or know of.

Thanks

Drive up to Diamond C and kill some exotics. Always a good time there and his prices are reasonable and you have plenty of variety to choose from

Comment

Bump for you. Hope yall get something planned. Congrats to your son. I suggest STX somewhere, truly nothing like it.

Comment

Sounds like you've done a fine job on that young man. Good luck with finding the perfect trip. I've heard nothing but great stuff about Diamond C. Sounds like it would fit the bill for what you're looking for, for sure!

Comment

Thompson temple if you like shooting goats.

Comment

Diamond C is top of my list so far anyone else?

Comment

Anyone ever hunt T4?

Comment

No help on the hunt, but congrats to your son. I was in a training with some guys from the Navy Nuclear Power School. They were a different level of intelligent.

Comment

Extreme Bowhunting in Bracketteville, Tx. They have the best prices around.

And thank your son for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                    Anyone ever hunt T4?
                    T4 is a great place! Dean is top notch and he has some great Axis, Blackbuck and Fallow!

Comment

I have great free roaming axis in mountain home
                      $2250
                      I have 8 point whitetail hunts (high fence) mountain home tx
                      $1700
                      fallow $3750
                      blackbuck $2000
                      pm me or 432-638-2821

Comment

JL Exotics Excellent Hunt!

Wrapping up an amazing weekend in Mountain Home with Joseph aka. Jones45LC with JL Exotics! If you are looking for a trophy animal and an amazing time with one of the nicest guys you could ask for PM Joseph! He’s got some amazing Fallow, axis, blackbucks and whitetail at super fair prices! He treated my entire family as lifelong friends and knows where to find the animals! Cannot say enough good stuff! Was a great time. Thanks Joseph it was great meeting you and thanks for everything! Was a hunt to remember before my son ships out to the Navy!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to your son...................
                          First of all.......Get out of anything, that has to do
                          with nukes............
                          I know....I was in the program....Sandia Labs..........
                          Stick with Corpsman, or firefighting..........
                          Good luck with your hunt................

Comment

Working...
                          X