Mower Blades??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mower Blades??

Need to get a new set for the Scag. I have always run the Oregon high lift. Does anyone have experience with multiple brands? We have a ton of sugar sand and the lifting edge is gone by the time they are ready for second sharpening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always used the Oregon brand. I have a Gravely and I made the mistake of keeping mulching blades on it this Spring and didn't like the cut. So, I took those off and put on the "normal" blades, which are much flatter. It made a world of difference in the cut for my yard.

Comment

My “yard” is 9ac. I need some good long lasting blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mainly use Gator mulching blades. I’ll have to double check and see if they are the G6 version. They have hardened edges.

We went through a lot of blades on the Kubota Diesel zero turns mowing in sandy areas near the Red River. The brand new sets of standard high lift Kubota blades would look completely wore out in less than one season.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
          Mainly use Gator mulching blades. I’ll have to double check and see if they are the G6 version. They have hardened edges.

We went through a lot of blades on the Kubota Diesel zero turns mowing in sandy areas near the Red River. The brand new sets of standard high lift Kubota blades would look completely wore out in less than one season.

One season....LOL. The Kubota blades I put on for our first mow this season are already shot!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            One season....LOL. The Kubota blades I put on for our first mow this season are already shot!
            That’s why I said less than one season. . It wasn’t worth trying to sharpen them even half way through spring they were so worn away.

Was mowing and baling hay on several thousand acres and only had limited time to fool with zero turns.

Comment

Gator blades last longer but sand will still get them

You should fence off 8.5 ac and put 2-3 steer calves on it

Comment

I’m new to sand land , I was wondering why my kubota blades were dulled so quickly! I’m up for more suitable blades if there are any...

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  I’m new to sand land , I was wondering why my kubota blades were dulled so quickly! I’m up for more suitable blades if there are any...
                  Mow a little higher, gofer mounds give me a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                    Mow a little higher, gofer mounds give me a fit.
                    Well, I am a little guilty of mowing over more than a few! We have them bad this year!

Comment

Gopher mounds don't help but enough sand gets lifted out of the grass to eat the blades at my place

I push the gator blades for 2 seasons but I am not trying to impress anyone. cuts and does not leave strips.
                      The Bahia is rough on the blades too

Comment

I buy the Copperhead blades off of Amazon. They are similar to the Oregon gator blades but made of a thicker metal. Made in the USA also. They have lasted the longest for me on my 2 acres of sandy soil that I mow.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Gopher mounds don't help but enough sand gets lifted out of the grass to eat the blades at my place

I push the gator blades for 2 seasons but I am not trying to impress anyone. cuts and does not leave strips.
                          The Bahia is rough on the blades too
                          I have about an half acre of Bahia that I mow also- I didn’t know it was that tough on blades!

On the upside, my blades and underside of my deck sure are shiny... for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Gator blades last longer but sand will still get them

You should fence off 8.5 ac and put 2-3 steer calves on it

my thoughts exactly. Who wants to mow 9 ac?

Comment

I usually go through 2 sets of gator blades over the summer. East Texas sugar sand and Bahia grass. Mowing 3 acres twice a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X