UTV New Battery Not Reading Over 6V Issue - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV New Battery Not Reading Over 6V Issue - Help

Left my mule radio on for a week or so and drained a brand new battery (2 weeks old) down to where it is only reading 6 on my battery charger.

This battery charger thinks it’s a 6 volt battery because it’s an internal auto switch.

So the charger thinks it's a six volt battery, charges it to six volts to 100% and then won't charge it anymore.

This is a healthy battery, though.

Brand new.

So my question: Is there any way I can force my charger to recognize it as 12 volts?

Is there some trick I could do to make my battery temporarily read as 8 volts or more so the selector doesn't automatically default to 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find an older battery charger that isn't smart. Can you jump the mule and let it charge it? Might need to leave on cables a while

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have car battery charger that you can set to 2 amps you can connect it for an hour or so. Take it off and then use your other charger.
      Last edited by 175gr7.62; 05-03-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Gonna try both of these options [emoji1312]

Comment

Put jumpers on it from your truck and then the charger. The charger will recognize 12v.

Comment

Jump it from your car/truck but make sure to do it with the vehicle turned off. That should charge up past 6v and then hook you charger to it.

Comment

Thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                Jump it from your car/truck but make sure to do it with the vehicle turned off. That should charge up past 6v and then hook you charger to it.
                best response right here

but I would leave it set overnight to bleed the 12v if it doesnt recognize it...

Comment

do you have a 12V solar pnl u could hook up to it for a couple days? then see if that increases the voltage enough for your actual battery charger?

Comment

Some batteries won't come back once they drop below 6V

Comment

Any update on this Brunner?

Comment

The "smart" chargers are great until a scenario like this. Jump it as mentioned or find a non smart charger and put on a trickle charge all night.

Comment

Battery has been killed, you will be better off buying a new one.

Comment

I’ll update tomorrow I’ll be back home from work late tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              The "smart" chargers are great until a scenario like this. Jump it as mentioned or find a non smart charger and put on a trickle charge all night.

Non Smart 12V only charger worked.

Back up to 12.8 volts

We will see how it goes through the weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X