2.7L Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7L Turbo

Thinking about getting a new truck. I like the Chevy 1500 Custom, but not sure if I can get a truck that is a 4 cylinder. Everything I have been reading about it says its a good engine, but I am worried about reliability. Does anyone have a 2.7L Turbo? How do you like it?

I don't have one but I have a buddy that does. Pulls his 20ft Skeeter just fine.

Comment

Specs on it says 310 HP, 348 LB.FT of torque, and 9,300 lbs of towing.

Comment

2.7 ecoboost by Ford?

If that's what you're talking about, I have one and I absolutely love it. 19 mpg average with level and 33" mud tires and that's 50/50 highway and in the woods.
        96k and zero issues at all out of the truck. I have the max tow package in mine and I tow my 30hp tractor and 23' box camper with relative ease and get 10mpg when doing so.

Comment

We just bought a new Chevy 1500 Custom for a work truck for one of our Project Managers last week. It has the 2.7L turbo. I drove it back from the vinyl wrap place on Wednesday and it is totally gutless. I had a Ford with a 2.7L ecoboost back in 2017 that would blow the doors off of the 2.7 in the new Chevy. I was not impressed at all. Even though the specs on the Chevy 2.7 looks similar to Fords, they feel night and day different.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210430-145531_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	704.4 KB
ID:	24649971

Comment

How can one say chevy and reliability in the same sentence lol?

Comment

I have a 2017 f150 3.5L V6 twin turbo that I like a lot, but I bought it used and it smells like smoke. I thought I could get the smoke out but after 1.5 years it is still there and my wife hates riding in my truck. The problem getting a new ford or used ford is that the prices are so high right now. I can buy the chevy new for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by click43 View Post
                I have a 2017 f150 3.5L V6 twin turbo that I like a lot, but I bought it used and it smells like smoke. I thought I could get the smoke out but after 1.5 years it is still there and my wife hates riding in my truck. The problem getting a new ford or used ford is that the prices are so high right now. I can buy the chevy new for a good price.
                That's exactly why our company just bought two new Chevy's instead of Fords. It's all we could find within the budget we had set. Inventory sucks right now. I have a 3.5 Ecoboost now and I've driven both of the 2 7's that I mentioned. I can tell you that you will be extremely disappointed going from the 3.5L EB to that little engine in the Chevy Custom.

Comment

My wife drives one, it is gutless and bad on fuel. Only has 15,000 miles so I can’t speak to reliability. I had a 3.5 eco and it was a monster in comparison but crapped out at 95k. If I could do it again I would get the V8.

Comment

Working...
                  X