Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is mRNA and why should we trust it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is mRNA and why should we trust it?

This is a very good article that Texas A&M AgriLife provided that explains mRNA and why it is safe.

What is mRNA? The messenger molecule in every living thing...

.... mRNA itself is not a new invention from the lab. It evolved billions of years ago and is naturally found in every cell in your body. Scientists think RNA originated in the earliest life forms, even before DNA existed.

Here’s a crash course in just what mRNA is and the important job it does.

You lay a compass on the ground and it points somewhat north. I feel a man should follow his internal compass.

Comment

I like it, now I don't have to worry about the unicorn horn I have been expecting to grow since my wife got me to take the vaccine.

Comment

I thought a baby’s arm protruded out of your forehead if you got the vaccine?

Comment

Dusty- I dont think it has to do with MRNA as much as scientifically altering what the effects of changing the MRNA within a living mammal. To my knowledge that is very limited. Of course all living beings have a makeup. It is like the science behind cloning through DNA. It is there- worked on for years- have done lots with cells etc. But there is a reason why we are not using it for amputees for a new limb. It is all very interesting but Im just gonna be a spectator by choice

Comment

Thanks for the link! The info in the last paragraph about mRNA being used in other vaccines correlates with something I’d also found saying the same thing. Example, Zika virus vaccine research.

One of my apprehensions was that it is “new” technology. New is fine, but the optics on the timeline for the COVID vaccine were concerning. It was reported as a discovery when it as really more of an engineered application. However once I read the mRNA vaccine technology wasn’t the “hold my beer and watch this” Hail Mary that I’d thought it was, it is actually pretty exciting what they will be able to do with it in the future.

Comment

All i can say is... i would rather take a vaccine developed in 1 year with the best medical technology available in 2021 than one developed in 10 years with the best medical technology in 1920...

But most people are acting like they feel the opposite.

Comment

They lost me at "evolved billions of years ago"....

Comment

They ignored low level drugs to push emergency use authorization for something they are exempted from liability.

If that ain’t putting the compass in a cast iron pan, I don’t know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

I'm with you.

Comment

This...

Comment

Txpit- Dont know why the MRNA for Zika makes you feel better- Its not approved to give to humans either. May want to do some research before flapping the gums. MRNA vaccines have never been approved for humans. Still none have and only administered by Emergency Order. It is interesting technology in developmental stages. Ask anyone you know in biology or pharmacy field that knows how to read medical mumbo jumbo and they will confirm- We have qualified professionals here that will acknowledge this. It is being administered through EO only. Not approved. Difference.
                        Last edited by glen; 04-30-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                          I'm with you.
                          Originally posted by 4Christ View Post
                          This...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                            All i can say is... i would rather take a vaccine developed in 1 year with the best medical technology available in 2021 than one developed in 10 years with the best medical technology in 1920...

But most people are acting like they feel the opposite.
                            Think about your statement a little more. 10 years to develop and 100 years of people taking it, they should have a pretty good idea of adverse reactions right?! Now today’s Covid vaccine, less than one year to develop, you are the clinical study, not FDA approved, chances to make a hell of a lot of money and drug companies can’t get sued! Come on dude, think just a little!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholson84 View Post
                              Think about your statement a little more. 10 years to develop and 100 years of people taking it, they should have a pretty good idea of adverse reactions right?! Now today’s Covid vaccine, less than one year to develop, you are the clinical study, not FDA approved, chances to make a hell of a lot of money and drug companies can’t get sued! Come on dude, think just a little!!

This.. we literally have zero idea on long term effects with one of the vaccines being suspended already. Not doubting the science just not enough data IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X