Solving a big Mexico problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solving a big Mexico problem

Would a hay baler work on seaweed? I’m sitting on the beach in Mexico, watching the same three guys every day, rake seaweed into piles and then load the piles into a JD Gator and haul it off. I mean the seaweed is basically already windrowed by the surf. Im thinking a small round baler would make short work of this. Just one trip down the beach every couple of hours and haul the seaweed off in bales. Of course two of these three dudes would be out of a job and on their way to Houston. Thoughts of an old construction hand on vacation.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltwater is going to destroy the bailer in short order. But I like where your head is at.

Comment

I love me some seaweed salad. I think you are on to something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Saltwater is going to destroy the bailer in short order. But I like where your head is at.

I’m a problem solver, Justin!

Comment

Those three could rake seaweed for about 174 years at their pay, before you could pay for a bailer and a tractor.

Comment

Are they wearing masks? ...outside, on the beach? That may be the reason they have decided that is the easiest way to solve the seaweed problem.

Comment

As long as you blow the baler out and then pressure wash the salt off throughly it’ll be fine. The sand will wear things down faster than anything else during use. Instead of a modern baler an old Allis Chalmers round baler might work. Less money for one thing. Maybe use a lubricant on the chains that dries and won’t pick up dust and salt.
              Last edited by Katsaregood; 04-16-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

They do actually make them already.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  Are they wearing masks? ...outside, on the beach? That may be the reason they have decided that is the easiest way to solve the seaweed problem.
                  Or they watch too much CNN

Comment

You're on the beach in Mexico and all you can post is pics of seaweed?

Comment

You’ve been turned.[emoji23]. Those aren’t masks, they’re sunscreens. Some people actually wear them while working in the sun all day. You’ve been a desk jockey too long, Josh![emoji23]Nobody in this place has had a mask on since we got here, workers included.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        They do actually make them already.

I knew I had a good idea[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          You're on the beach in Mexico and all you can post is pics of seaweed?
                          Nooowwww onto the bikinis.

Comment

People that fish and boat where them to keep the sun and wind off their faces. They are called buffs.

Comment

Problem solved.

SURF RAKE Beach Cleaners by Barber: Learn how they work, beach cleaner models & options, beach cleaning applications, and specifications

Now on to the bikini pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X