X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got him with my muzzleloader
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! That's a unique buck. Is his right side busted off after the shot?

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish007 View Post
        Got him with my muzzleloader
        Cool looking deer! Do have any other pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          Awesome! That's a unique buck. Is his right side busted off after the shot?
          No, it's just laying in the pine needles. Here's a shot of the horns
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah looked like it could have been a broken nub in the pic. That is a cool rack for sure. Good job!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Real nice! Congratulations

Comment

Oh man that's a crazy looking rack, awesome!

Comment

Nice buck kingfish. Congrats!

Comment

Anyone know of a good area for squirrels now that deer season is over?
                      Planning to take a first timer this weekend. Haven't hunted Sam much since I moved to the hill country for school 6 years ago.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                        Anyone know of a good area for squirrels now that deer season is over?
                        Planning to take a first timer this weekend. Haven't hunted Sam much since I moved to the hill country for school 6 years ago.

Hit up google maps. Find a creek. Oaks will be there as will old acorns from this past season. They'll be there. Might take 20 minutes of searching for a nice easy spot to set up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                          Hit up google maps. Find a creek. Oaks will be there as will old acorns from this past season. They'll be there. Might take 20 minutes of searching for a nice easy spot to set up.

Thanks for the tip. Btw congrats on your deer. Took my first ever with a rifle the last day out here. Hoping to get one with my bow next season.

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                            Thanks for the tip. Btw congrats on your deer. Took my first ever with a rifle the last day out here. Hoping to get one with my bow next season.

Thanks. I had also been given the opportunity to hunt private with my traditional muzeloader, and took a deer with it. So all in all a great season. First deer with a bow, muzzleloader, and first year to take more than one deer. Good luck.

Comment

Hey guys, been kind of absent the last couple years because I have purchased some average. Spent the last 2 seasons building a cabin/house. Will be back this next season for some for hunting here in the Sam. It has been good to me for the last 40 years or so. Go check out my thread in the DYI section on 2 year cabin build. Me and my buddy built this on weekends only by ourselves. I did have a septic guy put in the aerobic system. I am into this for less than 70K. Not bad for a wrap- around porch and just over 1400 sq.ft. l can post a few deer pics if y'all are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                                Hey guys, been kind of absent the last couple years because I have purchased some average. Spent the last 2 seasons building a cabin/house. Will be back this next season for some for hunting here in the Sam. It has been good to me for the last 40 years or so. Go check out my thread in the DYI section on 2 year cabin build. Me and my buddy built this on weekends only by ourselves. I did have a septic guy put in the aerobic system. I am into this for less than 70K. Not bad for a wrap- around porch and just over 1400 sq.ft. l can post a few deer pics if y'all are interested.
                                Let's see em! Not sure if I'll be in the Sam this season, after grad school ends in August I gotta see where life takes me. Hopefully it's somewhere towards the woods.

Comment

Working...
                                X