Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor Liner spray cans - anybody use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor Liner spray cans - anybody use them?

I have a front replacement bumper I'm getting ready to put on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I want to use the Raptor Liner from U-Pol, but I'm planning to use their 2k spray cans.

My question is, has anybody used the spray cans before and how much coverage area were you able to get out of the cans?

My thinking is that I might be able to get just two cans and hopefully get 2 coats on the bumper.

The bumper is about 65" from side to side, and about 12" from top to bottom, so about 6 sf max.

For reference, I used two cans of Rustoleum enamel on the backside when I painted that yesterday. For 2 heavy coats.

I just covered this exact bumper design. I used 3 cans. I am known for overkill.... I could have gotten away with 2. I bought a pump up sprayer. Sprayed it down with acetone to Remove oil or any other debris.

Comment

I'm going to sand most of the paint off the front, so I'll use their etching primer also.

Comment

I did the floor of my duck boat with 4 cans, several coats and it has held up well. It’s a 16’ SeaArk commercial hull. I did the diamond plate floor and front and rear decks.

Comment

I used the mix and spray gun 3x and have been more than happy. Even some step Bars on a jeep have held up well

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

i did my entire truck about 3 years ago and still looks fresh

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

Reply from U-Pol (mfg)...

Just for more information, straight from the manufacturer...

Kenneth Mack
                Apr 26, 2022, 14:35 GMT+1
                Can you tell me what kind of coverage I can expect from the bedliner aerosol cans? I have a front bumper (roughly 6 sf) that I want to paint with 2 coats, and I’m trying to figure out how many cans I need to buy. For sure two cans.

Thanks,
                Ken

Daniel (U-POL LTD)
                Apr 26, 2022, 14:40 GMT+1
                Hi
                To give you a visual reference, one can of Raptor aerosol will cover the inside surface of a tailgate with 2 coats. For your bumper I would suggest 2 cans. Spraying a bumper is tricky because with all the angles you loose product when spraying.

Comment

post pics when done...thanks

Comment

I had an old keep wrangler that I did this with. Bumpers and wheel wells. Used a self etching primer and then sprayed 3 coats. Looked good and was super tough. Only problem was keeping them clean. They constantly collected mud and grim

Comment

I sprayed the whole floor of my jeep with 4 cans but I went heavy in spots and had one can that just quit on me

Comment

Completed spraying the bumper yesterday. One can barely gave one coat on this particular bumper. It was noticeable because I was using the gray primer, so you could easily see the light spots. 2nd can gave pretty good coverage to fill in the light spots, and would have been enough to say there were two medium coats.

But I wanted a bit more on the thickness, so I got my wife to run down to O'Reilly's and pick up a 3rd can. So I have three coats on the bumper. Turned out great!

The textura came out just like I wanted; not too thin and not too thick.

And buy the spray cans thru Amazon: they're $38/can. O'Reilly's is $50/can after taxes! Because I picked up the 3rd spray can locally, I'm into this paint job for $140.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow! That looks fantastic!

Comment

Thanks! It turned out even better than I expected. The spray cans put out a nice texture.

Comment

How was it on the round part? Did you have any issues with runs or drips/pooling?

Comment

Working...
                              X