? ? WW2 Machete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? ? WW2 Machete

Anyone know anything about these? Found this at a garage sale, the Vet passed and they selling everything.this is in great condition
    Attached Files

Looks like $100-$250 online in good condition. One on eBay for $260

Comment

They were made by Woodsman’s Pal. The military version had a handguard but otherwise its the same one you can buy today

Comment

Waiting for the price to drop

Comment

The cool factor is off the charts on that thing! I guess this should remind us collectors that when we are gone, to most of our descendants our prize possessions just represent dollar signs. Good luck on the deal.

Comment

I have one of the recently made ones.

Comment

Cool

I wish people cared more about their family treasures

Comment

My wife assisted Annie with staging that sale, she said lot of military items. Note today is 25% off, tomorrow may be 50% day.

View information about this sale in Arlington, TX. The sale starts Friday, April 22 and runs through Sunday, April 24. It is being run by Annie's Estate Sales.

Comment

I find this conversation interesting having been on the side of “gosh what are we going to do with all this crap this person collected” several times now.

The material things your family will want are the things you made memories with together. The rest of the stuff is just stuff. My advice is don’t burden them with all that crap if you truly care about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                    The material things your family will want are the things you made memories with together. The rest of the stuff is just stuff. My advice is don’t burden them with all that crap if you truly care about them.
                    I like this.

Comment

I find this conversation interesting having been on the side of “gosh what are we going to do with all this crap this person collected” several times now.

Exactly...What do you do with it?? My mom passed about 1 1/2 years ago and I inherited a storage unit full of family stuff...lots of pictures, 4 foot lockers of my grandpa's stuff from his years in the military...dress caps, several bags of pins and probably a 10K +pictures. It is overwhelming for sure...Don't do this to your kids.

Comment

My idea of "stuff" would be pots and pans, furniture, books etc.
                        Not military medals, paraphenalia, etc

But to each their own I guess

Comment

Wish I had some of my grandpas stuff !
                          A particular family member is sitting on all of it and won’t let go.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            My idea of "stuff" would be pots and pans, furniture, books etc.
                            Not military medals, paraphenalia, etc

But to each their own I guess

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought all of this gentleman’s service related items ( dog tags, medals and such). I was told he had no family left, so I am looking for some way to honor this individual using these items. The machete will be cleaned up and donated to the R Lee Ermey golf event next month for auction. Any ideas on ways to honor this gentleman would be appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X