Knee Replacement in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee Replacement in July

Waited as long as I could. Did DR consult today and scheduled fir July 11th. After that one is healed, I’ll do the other. Both are bone in bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stan R; 04-12-2022, 01:20 PM.

I go on the 26th of this month to schedule surgery on my right knee. Who’s doing yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coy Wright Scott and White College Station.

Comment

Buy an ice machine if they don’t give you one. I’ve had 3 knee replacements and I can’t fathom going through one without it.

Comment

I just had my left knee meniscus surgery yesterday and dr said a knee replacement will likely be in the future. Not fun getting old. Good luck with the surgery.

Comment

I've already had meniscus on both knees, but many ago.

I'll ask about the ice machine. Only about $200 on Amazon

Comment

I was supposed to have knee replacement on February 23rd. 4 weeks before surgery my knee swoll up like a balloon. Called my Dr and he said to try and get off it as much as possible and to ice it. Swelling went down a bit but then my lower leg and foot swole up. Toughed it out for 2 weeks and then went into a pre-op physical therapy session so that they could establish mobility base lines. The tech saw my leg, consulted with a onsite surgeon and they encouraged me to go to the ER to get tested for a blood clot.

To make a long story shorter, there was no blood clot. What they did find however was a massive staph infection in the knee that had become septic and my blood had begun to be poisoned. Was rushed into surgery to open knee up and clean out and remove infected tissue. Just finished my 6 week home IV antibiotic treatment two weeks ago after spending a week in hospital. Dr hopes I will be walking without the assistance of crutches by this summer.

I now am hoping to get knee replaced by the end of the year since it will be free due to me already having met my out of pocket maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow-TechAggie View Post
                I was supposed to have knee replacement on February 23rd. 4 weeks before surgery my knee swoll up like a balloon. Called my Dr and he said to try and get off it as much as possible and to ice it. Swelling went down a bit but then my lower leg and foot swole up. Toughed it out for 2 weeks and then went into a pre-op physical therapy session so that they could establish mobility base lines. The tech saw my leg, consulted with a onsite surgeon and they encouraged me to go to the ER to get tested for a blood clot.

To make a long story shorter, there was no blood clot. What they did find however was a massive staph infection in the knee that had become septic and my blood had begun to be poisoned. Was rushed into surgery to open knee up and clean out and remove infected tissue. Just finished my 6 week home IV antibiotic treatment two weeks ago after spending a week in hospital. Dr hopes I will be walking without the assistance of crutches by this summer.

I now am hoping to get knee replaced by the end of the year since it will be free due to me already having met my out of pocket maximum.
                Glad you got thru all that. The replacement should be a cake walk from what you have been thru.

Comment

Good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes well!
                  Both my knees are bone on bone, dr wants me to try to get a few more years with injections and such before we go that route. I’m only 46…

Comment

[QUOTE=Randy Madden;16176633]Good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes well!
                    Both my knees are bone on bone, dr wants me to try to get a few more years with injections and such before we go that route. I’m only 46…[/QUOTE

Been getting injections for about 12 months. I'm only 70

After the knees are fixed then most likely the back. Get shots every 3 months that helps with 900 MG Gabapentin nightly

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                      I go on the 26th of this month to schedule surgery on my right knee. Who’s doing yours?

Are you sure about this? LoL, I will drive you to your stand and field dress your deer.

Comment

Good luck. Wife has had both replaced. She hated it for about 10 days after each but was glad she got it done after two to three weeks or so. Physical therapy is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                          Are you sure about this? LoL, I will drive you to your stand and field dress your deer.

You do owe me from when you had yours! I should be fit a a fiddle and able to dance a jig before bow season. I will let you fetch birds for me during dove season though [emoji57][emoji51]

Comment

Got my left replaced 5/28/21 still haven't got all the feeling back on the lower leg yet and it is loose. Need to do the other but no way i'm going through that again. 20 yrs on Navy ships aint easy on knees

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                              Got my left replaced 5/28/21 still haven't got all the feeling back on the lower leg yet and it is loose. Need to do the other but no way i'm going through that again. 20 yrs on Navy ships aint easy on knees

Had my left knee done in 2007, and it’s still dead, no feeling, left side of the knee.

Comment

Working...
                              X