Land Access Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Access Questions

Looking at a piece of property that currently only has foot access. About a 20 yard walk to enter from the road across the furthest corner of another persons property.

I don’t know the folks yet to ask about putting in a gate or allowing vehicle access across property . Realtor says they don’t want it but I’m prepared to offer $ to change their minds. But if they still say no, Are there any laws or other recourse?

You sure you want to have a new neighbor you just lawyered? I bet if you could work something out across the fence it would be fine though

Comment

Without knowing more I don't think I would buy it without a deeded easement.

Comment

Run now, your about to open a can of worms.

Comment

Your life will be way easier if you can sweet talk that LO into selling you a sliver to access it. If not i would walk away.

Comment

Money talks and BS gets new dirt. Other guy has free land without access

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope I’d be out unless it joined land I already owned to access by.

Comment

The ONLY way to access the property is to trespass? Gotta be another way to access it. The title company WILL want something different.

Comment

Unless the seller, clearly has an easement he can pass to you via sell, I would hit hard pause until/unless I could convince the other owner to sell you an easement.

Lot's opinions on easements and what others are obligated to do...just make sure you understand fact from fiction.
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

All they can say is “no”. As far as legal is concerned, my f I l had 10 acres in the middle of a 30 acre tract. He fenced across the access road to keep his cattle in. Well another man bought the 10 acres on the end and promptly told my f I l that he wasn’t gonna get out and open a gate to get to his property. And he didn’t. F I l had to leave gate unlocked and had to fence along the access road so the man could get to his property. Yours sounds like a different situation though.
                    To echo a previous post, I wouldn’t buy property without deeded access; however, if you sweetened the pot a little, pay for survey, road work etc with a little cash to boot it may be worth it if you want the land that bad.

Comment

I would run. The neighbor has land for free by not selling you access. Be prepared to way overpay. If they still say no then forget it

Comment

I would bet that if you are financing any part of it they will not finance without direct access by a "deeded easement" or if you find a way to purchase a 30ft strip. Also, remember that if you don't have access to get to it you will likely not be granted access to get utilities and such there should you wish either.....

Comment

I would pass.

Comment

Is this land in Oklahoma.

Comment

Easements are tricky things if they aren’t deeded. There may be an easement under operation of law, but that involves lawyers and litigation and other such unpleasant things. You may be buying a big problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X