Truck Bed Tent advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Bed Tent advice

Anyone have experience with the truckbed tent setup? I am thinking of getting one and not sure.
    I have a toolbox in a short box, so not sure how that would affect it.

Comments suggestion etc?

Oh man. My brother had one that was designed to fit the bed of his longbed dodge. However, he also has a toolbox and a fuel tank in the truck. Was an absolute PIA trying to make that thing functional when we stayed in the Gila mountains in NM. Also, you will certainly want to use a sleeping pad. That pickup bed got COLD!

Comment

My buddy let me use one once. It is good if you don't have to drive anywhere once you are all set up. I wouldn't want to take it down and put it up multiple times during a trip. I'm not sure how it would work with a toolbox in the back though.

Comment

Yes definitely a mattress pad, no doubt. And I wont be driving once its setup

Comment

If you can find one: www.tentcot.com

Comment

Really wanting the truck bed type. Feels a little like you have something around you. Plus, hard to trust those sticks holding you up off the ground lol

Comment

We used one in ozona last year was nice held well in the wind. Stayed warm with a small heater was great till the 2nd 20 something deg night the heater stopped working and we had to use the elc blanket **** it was cold that night on the air mattress.

Comment

Will my tool box be that big of an issue? It’ll just be me in the tent

Comment

Working...
                X