Need some Opinions for new recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some Opinions for new recurve

I’m looking at getting a new recurve so need some recommendations. i been shooting a samick sage a few years at just the target never been hunting. But wanna try to get my first kill this next season. The samick is 50lbs @28”. Also is there any good advice on a bow shop near lake Charles heard precision in bridge city good. helping me get the correct arrow set up. Would love to learn more about this I pretty much been shooting from the hip. But my groups are pretty good at 20yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of solid bowyers, but would recommend checking out Primal Tech (Randy Madden).

Comment

I’ll second Primal Tech! And Sarrels Archery too!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

But that Sage will kill for ya.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Navajo bows I got 2 love them http://navajobows.com/

Comment

Nothing wrong with any of the above. Fine choices.

Bob Lee in Jacksonsville, Tx is another top option. Their new Cobra Curve limbs are cutting edge. Their website shows 20+ bows on the rack at variuos styles and weights, so you can see what's avaialble or drive over for a test drive and walk out the door with it. The Bob Lee team won't let you down.

Comment

Any of the above would be a good choice. Black Widow is another good choice.

Comment

All good choices, Im partial to Toelke bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I’ll second Primal Tech! And Sarrels Archery too!

Bisch

That Primal Tech makes you look pretty good. I might need one of those in the rack.

Comment

New member here, and just got into longbows and recurves last year and become super addicted, my compounds haven't seen action since...sorry to hi-jack the thread but i cannot start a new topic since im a new member...

anyhow does anyone have experience with Omega Longbows? I know someone locally who is selling one for a decent price...really like the aesthetics and want a good quality bow and just want opinions from folks who've had one or know of them

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightRyder22 View Post
                      New member here, and just got into longbows and recurves last year and become super addicted, my compounds haven't seen action since...sorry to hi-jack the thread but i cannot start a new topic since im a new member...

anyhow does anyone have experience with Omega Longbows? I know someone locally who is selling one for a decent price...really like the aesthetics and want a good quality bow and just want opinions from folks who've had one or know of them

I do not know anyone who owns one, and have never seen one in person. That being said, I have read nothing but good about them. If you really want to get this answered by folks who own/shoot those bows, go ask on Archery Talk. The guy who makes these bows is a member there, and there are quite a few guys who own/shoot them over there.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        I do not know anyone who owns one, and have never seen one in person. That being said, I have read nothing but good about them. If you really want to get this answered by folks who own/shoot those bows, go ask on Archery Talk. The guy who makes these bows is a member there, and there are quite a few guys who own/shoot them over there.

Bisch

thanks! will do!

Comment

Go shoot it MidnightRyder, best way to see if you like the way it shoots or not. Some bows styles just don't fit certain shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Go shoot it MidnightRyder, best way to see if you like the way it shoots or not. Some bows styles just don't fit certain shooters.
                            i did! Owner of bow wasn't clear on the DW, said it was a 45# draw on the FB add, and when i met up with him it was 55#, too bad, beautiful bow and honestly felt good at #55 but im set at 40-45#

Comment

For me grip is the starting point. All the bows and bowyers recommended above are good.
                              As mentioned go shot a couple if you can in a poundage near what you are looking for. Looks are great but function/performance is the key. Depending on your budget you'll be able to whittle them down. I'm no good for recommendation, cause all the bows I have are no longer made!!! I am looking at a Sarrels or another Kota.

Comment

Working...
                              X