Stars vs Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    He’s willing to get beat up by M. Tkachuck (sp?)
    Pretty sure he trying to get Tkachuck out of the series by injuring him. I think Klingberg is trying to injure Tkachuck’s hand with his face.😂

All that said, I just wish he’d be more responsible defensively (a lot more) than I would say keep him but the turnovers and bad timing when he jump up on a rush need to get better. Seems like a great lockeroom guy.
    Another answer may be a different D partner, but what do I know greater hockey minds seem to like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Can you explain how ANY power play can be as bad as the Stars has been for 2 months?

I can't imagine how something hasn't been done about that. I mean if you took the 2nd PP line for the worst team in hockey, they would dominate what the Stars are running out there now...it's unfathomable.
      Unless I’m misremembering, that has always seemed to be a Stars issue. It will remedy itself for a bit, maybe even a year, but then reverts back.
      One of these O minded tbh’rs may be able to speak to that. I just wonder if the focus on D and D-type people doesn’t give them the talent for an explosive pp.
      Look at the top pp units around the league, are those guys in the game when a shut down game is needed? (Asking seriously as I don’t know)
      Kane, Crosby, McKinnon, mcdavid, Gaudreau, kaprizov, Matthew’s are those guys out there for the pk?
      Just seems some are built for O and some for D and teams gravitate one way or the other. (Klingberg seems O minded) I think you see train wreck seasons when you have a team that is 50/50 the. They have no true identity.
      O minded hockey doesnt historically do well in the playoffs so I tend to always lean towards wanting D minded people.
      Just my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
        Unless I’m misremembering, that has always seemed to be a Stars issue. It will remedy itself for a bit, maybe even a year, but then reverts back.
        One of these O minded tbh’rs may be able to speak to that. I just wonder if the focus on D and D-type people doesn’t give them the talent for an explosive pp.
        Look at the top pp units around the league, are those guys in the game when a shut down game is needed? (Asking seriously as I don’t know)
        Kane, Crosby, McKinnon, mcdavid, Gaudreau, kaprizov, Matthew’s are those guys out there for the pk?
        Just seems some are built for O and some for D and teams gravitate one way or the other. (Klingberg seems O minded) I think you see train wreck seasons when you have a team that is 50/50 the. They have no true identity.
        O minded hockey doesnt historically do well in the playoffs so I tend to always lean towards wanting D minded people.
        Just my take on it.

Its not just lack of scoring, it's utter chaos. They can't enter the zone, they never seem to get set up in the zone, and they will give up more shots on the PP than they take some times. It's is the most infuriating thing I've ever seen....I dread them going on the PP because they are actually worse with a man advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
          I was joking about the fighting, while he’s trying at that he’s not doing well.

As for his defense, I’m with you. From a goalies point of view, I’d trade him for a roll of tape. The turnovers are always at the worst time and at the worse place. They don’t even seem to be because he lost a battle rather he just mishandles the puck while dangling or makes bad passes.
          He has the worst +/- on the team. The people that like him like his offense and there is value in that but at what cost? Not at a -28 in my opinion.
          He’s been with Ruff, Hitchcock and Bowness and none have gotten him to accept more defensive responsibility so I’m not sure anyone can.
          I feel like we should have traded him at the deadline but understand how that would look to the rest of the team and why we couldn’t.
          Yep, I've been saying the same about trading him. He's a DINO - defenseman in name only. Should have been a winger. Gets caught up-ice way too often, really not much help on the defensive side, and ends up costing the Stars more than he produces.

Comment

I am torn on the Trotz potential hire. He is a really good coach. I don’t know if he will be the right coach though. The Stars are going to have to play some youth and most coaches won’t do that. The problem with the PP from my point of view is nobody wants to shoot or shoot for a pass instead of tryin to score. They all want to wait for the perfect shot. The leafs won last night on a shot for a pass. Marner made a perfect shot off the goalies pads right to Mathew’s. I don’t think the Stars have a lot of high IQ players other than Robertson and Pavelski.

Comment

Pitter patter, let's get at 'er Stars!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Its not just lack of scoring, it's utter chaos. They can't enter the zone, they never seem to get set up in the zone, and they will give up more shots on the PP than they take some times. It's is the most infuriating thing I've ever seen....I dread them going on the PP because they are actually worse with a man advantage.

This is very true. Goaltender has to stand on his head every night to even have the slightest chance of winning.

Comment

Hope the boys are not ready to go home.

Comment

Klingberg just about messed up. Jeez.

So far, so good tonight.

Comment

So far so good. Fingers crossed.

Comment

ugh.

Comment

ugh

Comment