No announcement yet.

Beirut crater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, security doesn't seem to be an issue any longer.

Its possible Lebanon officials were delaying its removal so the source for explosives wouldn't be lost. Its not hard to convert AN fertilizer to a high explosive.

Comment

So the Russian ship was seized "just passing through" ?

Sounds like some form of extortion or shady government crap on part of Lebanon to me

Why not let it go on to it's destination and get it away from there if not?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        There is a better way. The wages if sin are death. Jesus came that we may have life. Life must be chosen as we have all earned death.
        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          So the Russian ship was seized "just passing through" ?

Sounds like some form of extortion or shady government crap on part of Lebanon to me

Why not let it go on to it's destination and get it away from there if not?
          I read the Russian ship had mechanical issues and had to stop there to address the issues when their cargo was seized.

Comment

She would probably be gorgeous if she could show her hair. She looks like an alien in a wedding dress. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by artrios View Post
              We should also recall that ammonium nitrate was a big culprit it the explosion in West, TX at the fertilizer plant.
              I wonder how long it took for conspiracy theorists in the rest of the world to come up with weapons caches/bomb materials/missile strike/terrorist plot theories for that one?

Comment

[QUOTE=tward1604;15018352]When you mix AN with fuel such as diesel it become ANFO. Throw in some aluminum powder it becomes "A N A L" ( adding the aluminum creates a nasty fire ball).

All of these are the basic explosive in IEDs around the world in some form, including Oklahoma City.

Speaking with a demo buddy from the Marine Corps he did the math converting it to TNT equivalent.

2750 Tons of AN = 4,070,000 LBS of TNT[/QUOTE
                Do what ? How can you Convert it to TNT ?

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  Do what ? How can you Convert it to TNT ?
                  The explosive yield equivalent, not chemically converting it to TNT.

Seems like this was just a case of negligence with horrible consequences.

Something like 80% of the countries grain supply was in those silos

Next to 2750 tons of Ammonium Nitrate

Next to a fireworks warehouse

In a port than accounts for 60% of the nations imports.

Its a disaster all around, something like 300,000 people displaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    I read the Russian ship had mechanical issues and had to stop there to address the issues when their cargo was seized.
                    My point exactly then

They were not trying to deliver it to someone there.

Sounds like whichever crook was behind the seizure needs to be held accountable to me if those are indeed the facts

Comment

Working...
                    X