Thoughts on Bear Kodiak magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Bear Kodiak magnum

I am getting out of the compound hunting and back into traditional , looking at a 55lb Bear Kodiak Mag 1973 extremely clean , what’s your thoughts on this bow?? Also looking at the Sarrels blackhills LB on this site.

Get both!

Comment

I love the lines on those old Bears. I never seem to see any long enough to handle my 32" draw when I'm in the market, so I don't own one. That's as classic as a bow gets though!

Comment

Classic for sure, not bad shooters. Personally I think you’d be happier with the Sarrels but it’s a personal choice. I have both and prefer the Sarrels over the Bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Magnum is fine for an occasional shooter. The string angle is so severe that it can and probably will damage your string fingers. I used one for several months straight probably ten years ago. I have a draw very close to 30". The bow handled it fine. My string fingers got really sore. Now, I hate to even use a 60" bow.

Comment

Hunted with the Kodiak for years. Also used a Bear White Tail Hunter. Both good bows. This was in the 1970s and I still use the WTH to bow fish.

Comment

Ill parrot what 60D said about the Magnum...string angle sucks. If youve fat fingers...youll get the pinch. If youve a long draw...youll get the pinch. Super sexy beast of a bow though. A buddy loaned me one and it is strictly a bowfishing rig now.

Take it easy on yourself getting back in...Id say skip the Bear and go Blackhills...and come shoot Traditional First Shot Challenges with us.

Comment

Thank you folks for the info!!

Comment

I had the magnum and returned it. It just felt like it stacked on me and wasn't super comfortable to shoot. I bought a sarrels blue ridge and loved it.

Comment

I have the magnum and love it. It’s so light it steadier with quiver and 4 arrows attached. If my draw was more than 28” I don’t think I’d like it due to string angle. For your first bow I would go with something longer. You will shoot it better.

Comment

Working...
                    X