Camo tape vs wrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo tape vs wrap?

I have a Winchester SX3 with the dura touch finished that is failing. It is so sticky the gun is not use able. I am going on a pheasant hunt and really want to take it. I am in a hurry so I decided to cover the stock or whole thing. At Academy they have a gun tape and a gun wrap, which would be better? Anyone tired either? I kind like the tape because it won't change the feel much.The wrap seems to be bulkier.

Ive read on other sites where browning has replaced the stocks over this issue. Might be worth contacting winchester to see.

That said, Ive got a 390 with camo clad on it for about 20 years. The edges have worn white in the last few years but I cant complain. It WILL NOT leave a residue like some of the cloth tapes

Comment

Dipping

Originally posted by Jeremy1 View Post
      I have a Winchester SX3 with the dura touch finished that is failing. It is so sticky the gun is not use able. I am going on a pheasant hunt and really want to take it. I am in a hurry so I decided to cover the stock or whole thing. At Academy they have a gun tape and a gun wrap, which would be better? Anyone tired either? I kind like the tape because it won't change the feel much.The wrap seems to be bulkier.
      How hard would it be to completely remove that dura touch? Hydro dipping would be another option in the future. If it's not to hard to remove, it would only cost around $100 to get the stock camo'd.

Comment

I am going to remove it eventually but I need it for this hunt. I might buy a wood stock in the future.For now I was wondering if the gun tape or fabric wrap was better thanks.
        Last edited by Jeremy1; 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Hydro

Originally posted by Jeremy1 View Post
          I am going to remove it eventually but I need it for this hunt. I might buy a wood stock in the future.For now I was wondering if the gun tape or fabric wrap was better thanks.
          I've used the tape before and I think it will get you by for now. If you decide to salvage the synthetic stock, I can help. We do the hydrographics on the side.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X