$700 for a suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$700 for a suppressor

I'm in the market for a hunting suppressor to use on my Remmy 300blk, and a 6.8SPC in a AR platform. I don't want to spend more than 7 bills on the can. What would you gents suggest and I'd like to hear from those that shoot these guns with a can. I'll be hunting with the platforms mentioned above at a distance of no more than 100yds using handloaded sub ammo in South/Central Texas.

700$ including stamp?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      700$ including stamp?
      Sorry for not being clear, but just the can. Tax is a none issue.

Comment

Torrent's stainless 7.62 can will put you somewhere just over that with stamp. .Very effective can but heavy.

You can get a silencerco omega for just a little over that without stamp. That would be the route to go imo.

Comment

Get an SAS arbiter titanium or thunderbeast titanium can
          Buy once cry once. I’m not going cheaper on something I’m gonna wait a year on and keep it until I die. Your kids will thank you when your gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dead Air Sandman Ti

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at Griffin I have run several of their cans and like them. The AAC cyclone is another good one. The LaRue Tranquillo is a great option as well. I just picked up one of the LaRues and am super satisfied with it.

Comment

Another $200 opens you up to about all the different suppressors out there. Might as well pick the one that best fits your needs.

Comment

How much do the silencers cut down on the noise? I shoot a 270 and my kids shoot a 243. I'm kinda interested in getting one for at least one of our guns.

Comment

If you are willing to go a couple hundred more dollars, check out the griffin armament Recce 7, I’ve got one and it’s hands down amazing. Amazing sound decibel reduction. I run supers 300 black out in my AR and no ear ringing. And shoot .308 AR10 platform with no ringing of the ears either.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      How much do the silencers cut down on the noise? I shoot a 270 and my kids shoot a 243. I'm kinda interested in getting one for at least one of our guns.
                      It cuts out enough to make it hearing safe. You will still hear it, just not the big boom. Also the noise it makes shooting an animal with a suppressed gun is addicting. Shot a spike on Friday with my suppressed 243 and sounds like a sledge hammer hitting concrete.

Comment

I see that your occupation says 5-0. Silencer co offers SPEQ (special equipment) discounts to first responders. I saved a little more than $100 on my omega. You have to find a dealer that offers the SPEQ program. My dealer near Waco does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                          It cuts out enough to make it hearing safe. You will still hear it, just not the big boom. Also the noise it makes shooting an animal with a suppressed gun is addicting. Shot a spike on Friday with my suppressed 243 and sounds like a sledge hammer hitting concrete.
                          yep. I also like getting back to camp and saying I shot at a sounder of pigs. Having my dad ask how many times and answering with 4 and him not even knowing

Comment

For hunting with a 300blk I can't say enough good things about the Omega 9k. It is super compact/lightweight, hearing safe with a great tone. And now they make an ASR mount for it. If you want lightweight but bigger and quieter, the Omega 300 is an awesome can too.

Comment

Dead Air sandman from defender outdoors send me your email I'll let you hear it

Comment

Working...
                              X