Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Weather Outlook for Abilene Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Weather Outlook for Abilene Area?

Any green screen weather guys want to provide some input on weather predictions for this weekend up neat Abilene? The various weather reports call for heavy ran Thursday - Friday, but I also saw a winter weather report calling for potential sleet and freezing rain. Im trying to decide if I want to deal with all that or if its a non-event and should go anyway.

Originally posted by Stins View Post
    Any green screen weather guys want to provide some input on weather predictions for this weekend up neat Abilene? The various weather reports call for heavy ran Thursday - Friday, but I also saw a winter weather report calling for potential sleet and freezing rain. Im trying to decide if I want to deal with all that or if its a non-event and should go anyway.
    I’m planning on going either way. Highs of 40’s should make for some good all day hunting. Pigs will be moving. I’m 15miles north of Sweetwater.

Comment

Anyone? Mainly dont want to get caught driving on iced over roads. I've done that too many times and I'm not mad enough at them to do it again.

Comment

100% Chance of red mud, and hangovers.

Comment

Most of the winter weather is supposed to be in the Panhandle and across Okie land according to my local weather.

Comment

I don’t think highs of 40 for sat are realistic, I think they will be mid- to high 30’s. There is a chance you could see some frozen precip sat morning, but it seems a bit of a long shot, and would be brief. Unless it is super heavy sleet I would think ground temps would be too warm to support accumulation

Comment

Only thing for sure in the Abilene area is the wind will be blowing 95MPH.
              If Bob Bartlet the KTAB weather dude says. "There is a 20% of rain." It will rain. Anything else is a crapshoot.
              "Oh look here comes Lubbock."
              Last edited by texaspacker; 12-05-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I was gonna pig hunt Friday night but not doing that. 2-4 inches predicted Friday alone

Comment

You may not get frozen precip down there, but anywhere from 1-3" of rain from what I see.

Comment

Weather forecast does look a little sucky but I'm headed to San Saba County on Friday. Got 4 wheel drive, new tires and a decent rain poncho.

Can't kill 'em from the couch.

Comment

Dang it. Haven't been to my place for three weeks and now not sure it'll be worth the trip this weekend.

Comment

You don't own a TV?

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
                        Last edited by Traildust; 12-05-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          You don't own a TV?

http://bfy.tw/LCeA

why does there always have to be that one guy.....

pretty sure I mentioned looking at all the weather apps and forecast. there is also conflicting weather reports, so I was looking for help to see if any of our weather gurus. I wasn't looking for a smart ***, but I found one!

Comment

Severe Weather Alerts - Lawn, TX
                            Special Weather Statement
                            Special Weather Statement in effect until 5:15 PM CST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
                            ...WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE ACROSS WESTERN PARTS OF
                            THE BIG COUNTRY FRIDAY NIGHT...

An arctic air mass will move into the region Thursday afternoon,
                            bringing some of the coldest air so far this season. An upper
                            level storm system will move across the area from Thursday night
                            through Saturday. Lift associated with this storm system will
                            result in widespread precipitation for West Central Texas.

Comment

However, the actual forecast doesnt support any of the weather alert. However in my experience up there that can change and Ive been caught in several big ice storms, not fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X