College station eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College station eats

Going to a playoff football game tmrw night in Bryan. We plan on going to College station to eat. Any good recommendations? I searched on here but most threads are a couple years old. Thanks!

Depends on what you like! Taco Crave in Downtown Bryan is one of my favorites as is Chicken Oil Company.

Comment

There is alot of good places. these are a few that we always hit up.

Longhorn in Bryan,
      Fish Daddys
      Koppe bridge
      Ship wreck
      Amico Nave
      Los Cucos

Of course dixie chicken etc for atmosphere burgers aren't bad.
      These where some staples i use to hit up. But its changed alot in the last 10 years. There are a ton of new restaurants out east of town off HWY 6.

Comment

I was born and raised in College Station. In my opinion, the top go to spots for me when I'm in town are Wings N More and Koppe Bridge. There's a bunch of other great places to eat depending on what you're wanting but those are my favorite local hometown OG spots I would recommend. Others for consideration listed below:

TaD's
        Razoo's
        Dixie Chicken
        Chicken Oil
        Hullabaloo Diner
        Gate 12
        J Cody's
        Sodolak's
        C&J Barbeque

Also, if you're there for lunch I think you have to stop and eat at Layne's Chicken Fingers. Especially if you're a Raising Canes fan.

Comment

Hullabaloo Diner for Dinner and either First Watch or Stella Southern Cafe for Breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
            Going to a playoff football game tmrw night in Bryan. We plan on going to College station to eat. Any good recommendations? I searched on here but most threads are a couple years old. Thanks!
            Most of us locals consider both Bryan - College Station for eats and here is another thread that was started this morning.

Comment

You aren’t kidding about how much the town has changed the last ten years. I always thought Fish Daddy’s was great food for the price. Agreed Koppe Bridge for burgers/chicken fried steak and Shipwreck for crawfish are solid as well. I’ll add Brauhaus in Bryan for Jägerschnitzel.

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
              There is alot of good places. these are a few that we always hit up.

Longhorn in Bryan,
              Fish Daddys
              Koppe bridge
              Ship wreck
              Amico Nave
              Los Cucos

Of course dixie chicken etc for atmosphere burgers aren't bad.
              These where some staples i use to hit up. But its changed alot in the last 10 years. There are a ton of new restaurants out east of town off HWY 6.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                You aren’t kidding about how much the town has changed the last ten years. I always thought Fish Daddy’s was great food for the price. Agreed Koppe Bridge for burgers/chicken fried steak and Shipwreck for crawfish are solid as well. I’ll add Brauhaus in Bryan for Jägerschnitzel.
                Yep alot has changed since we where there.

That other thread reminded me about the Republic use to eat there every so often.

But Joes in Wixon Valley actually has probably the best burger. And for sure the best CFS sandwich. we use to try to go to the dives. As i never was crazy about the really popular places. But bar none there is a ton of good food in those 2 towns.

Comment

Sodalacks
                  chicken oil
                  dixie chicken

Comment

The Republic is the best restaurant I've been too up there. its on the high price list. Great food though.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                        The Republic is the best restaurant I've been too up there. its on the high price list. Great food though.
                        I agree!

The owner is a good friend of mine, grew up with him and played college ball with him and he is the reason I ended up at TAMU.

He also owns the Primrose Wine Bar that is next to it. I havent tried it yet but looks great as well.

Comment

MESS for breakfast.
                          Koppe Bridge, LAYNE's, Walk-On's is good for drinks and food, Chicken Oil Company, and a lot of other places.

Comment

Twin peaks for the scenery ����

Comment

we went to the dixie chicken over the summer and i wasnt impressed at all. really disappointed in the cheap, sonic-esque french fries. a place like that should have some good fresh cut fries.

Comment

Working...
                              X