Anyone hunt the Kingsbury/Belmont area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt the Kingsbury/Belmont area?

I recently moved my family and I out to some land in the area, and we're gearing up for our first deer season here. Food plots are in the ground, and we're excited. Hogs have been thick, and we're seeing turkey by the dozens. Deer have been numerous, but no big boys have shown up on cameras yet. Does anyone have any experiences with what the deer population and buck quality is like out here?

Thanks in advance!

My daughter is north of i10 close to Fentress. Deer are sparce but there are some regulars at her feeder. Hogs will find your feeders.

Comment

I hunt close to the Belmont area. 120-130's class deer with 140's-150 surprise. lot's of hogs/turkeys. better deer typically near the river. Been a lot of years since I hunted in Kingsbury but had decent numbers, size was similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        My daughter is north of i10 close to Fentress. Deer are sparce but there are some regulars at her feeder. Hogs will find your feeders.
        I'm at 15 hogs so far this calendar year. They're thick as thieves out here!

Originally posted by wes View Post
        I hunt close to the Belmont area. 120-130's class deer with 140's-150 surprise. lot's of hogs/turkeys. better deer typically near the river. Been a lot of years since I hunted in Kingsbury but had decent numbers, size was similar.
        I've definitely been seeing fantastic turkey numbers and tons of hogs. Lots of deer as well, just not a lot of antler just yet. Hoping this food plot combined with pressuring the hogs pays off! This sure is some beautiful country out here.

Comment

go find your oaks that produced this year. they will start dropping probably the 2nd week of season (mine do look to be a little late this year though). your feeders will become an afterthought to the deer when all the acorns start dropping

Comment

This is on cottonwood creek rd.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              This is on cottonwood creek rd.
              That's on the Stairtown end of what is technically Kingsbury, whereas I'm on the Belmont side, but either way...HOLY CRAP.

Comment

Kingsbury

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDD037B8-3D36-4D5D-AA32-2E949240A735.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24661977

Name:	95C7103F-11DE-4001-A209-709E34F611F0.jpeg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	24661978

Name:	EE18A0AD-D5D3-4990-9C71-BAC06D495ECE.jpeg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24661979

Name:	99F013D0-39DA-448F-8A5C-C7450683490D.jpeg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	24661980

Name:	52998B0A-0AB0-49F7-BA6E-37B17B6288D5.jpeg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	24661981

Name:	37671E95-0C7C-4793-832C-D5041A4AC4AD.jpeg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	24661982

Just south of 10 in Kingsbury

Comment

I been looking for the right place.I really like the area.

Comment

Not to hijack but I live in Luling and would love to help anyone in the area with keeping my aim good by killing hogs for you. I would even furnish a nice blind and feeder that you could use during deer season. I deer hunt above Brady, Texas and wouldn't bother the set up during deer season unless you still wanted me to continue killing hogs.

Comment

Working...
                    X