Texas A&M Football Gameday Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas A&M Football Gameday Question

One of our Daughters is expressing interest in attending Texas A&M.

For her birthday, we are taking her and our youngest Daughter to the game against South Carolina on 10/23.

Looking for advice from the GS in regard to game day do’s/donts, places to stay, places to eat, or any other pertinent information.

My Wife and I have never been to College Station.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never go full Aggy

Comment

Better book a hotel now.

Comment

Don't listen to SC-001....Can't help on where to stay- I drive over from Nacogdoches on game day. First, better check about motels and availability now because game days there will probably be next to none available. The motels may provide transportation to Kyle Field but not sure. Whatever you do don't drive to the stadium and park. You won't be able to get within 1/2 to 3/4 mile from the stadium if tailgating is back full steam. There are several game day shuttles that will get you there with less stress- I ride the shuttle from downtown Bryan. There is one that comes from the Bush Library and one other that I am aware of. Go Friday and take her to Midnight Yell Practice. There are more recent Aggies that can chime in about places to eat- too many things have changed since I graduated in '79. Take a walk thru the MSC (Memorial Student Center)- make sure to remove your hat and don't walk on the grass around the MSC. Get there at least an hour before game time and watch the Corps and Band march in. Don't head to concessions when half time starts or you may miss the FTAB (Fightin' Texas Aggie Band) perform, if they do- last year was virtual. Ya'll just enjoy the experience and hopefully she will make the decision to join the Aggie family- she will make lifetime friends and that Aggie ring can sometimes open doors that might otherwise be closed. I will be there with my Aggie "sister" that I met while there in the 70's. Gig 'em.

Comment

There’s a shuttle from the mall that we always take. Much less hassle than paying for parking and then sitting in stop and go traffic for a hr+ after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            Better book a hotel now.

Agreed. More than likely won’t find a reasonably priced hotel in CS this close to football season.

Comment

Patience is what I would stress. I am an Aggie and my youngest is junior that now. I love the place but on game day it can be crowded to say the least. Get there early and take it all in. No real recommendations on where to stay as I always just drive back and forth. If you are a cowboy type of guy then Catalena Hatters is in Bryan. They make great hats and have great service. Once again on game day there will be a line. All in all just go and take it all in and don't get in a hurry. There is no better place to watch a college football game.

-john

Comment

Get there the night before the game and go to midnight yell at the stadium. It is free and very cool.
                Wherever you stay will be double during football season.
                Have a Freddy burger and fries at the Chicken with a Lone Star.
                Don't expect to get anywhere fast.
                It is a one of a kind place ...enjoy..

Comment

It will be one of the more enjoyable experiences. IF you can get a parking pass do it. Go early and walk around the tailgates, visit the Aggie ring monument there by the south west side of stadium. Watch the band march in.

Go friday night for midnight yell, always enjoyable (you wont understand any of it, but its good bull)
                  hotels or AirBNB go quick.

After game go down by the Chicken and around north gate.

If its a night game, we usually go to Koppy Bridge for burgers.

If you go to a game and enjoy the surroundings before and after, its hard not to go to school there. People are just good ol people

Comment

Tagging for OP's exact reason. Except I haven't bought tickets yet.

Comment

My wife is an Aggie and my son(senior) and daughter(freshman) are both attending there now. Most hotels will have a two night stay minimum and the prices will be inflated. We usually go to Chimy's for margaritas before the game and eat wherever we can get it.

Comment

Thread must be whacked at once. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Koppe Bridge Bar and Grill for a burger and a mess of fries sounds good right now.

It’s a huge event. Get to town early and enjoy.

Comment

If you want, send me a PM and I will give you tons of info. Probably easier to send your number and I can call.. We go to 3-4 games per year and I know a few tricks of where to park, stay, etc. We also tailgate A LOT, so just let me know. It is awesome, to say the least.

Comment

My recommended order of events:

Friday: Dixie Chicken, Midnight Yell

Gameday: Corps of Cadets march in, Memorial Student Center, Game, Dixie Chicken

(Everyday: Ignore anyone that thinks Slayer is the greatest band of all time)

Comment

Working...
                              X