No announcement yet.

Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO there will be a big bear market pop to get hopes up soon. Then tank more. It's going to stay ugly a while imo.

And the index may be down 6% but most stocks are down 10-60%. Randomly name a few and let's see. AMZN. What's it down from highs a couple weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
      Are you serious? Do you not see whats going on right now?
      Explain what is going on right now to cause your extreme concern about the stock market.

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
      I think the feds may have caused a bit of panic but my concern is Russia right now. Also, Im not worried, Ive been investing in land for 10 years and things have never looked better for me. I gamble with the stocks for fun. If I lose it all, it wont hurt me.
      What is your concern about Russia relative to the stock market?

If you gamble with stocks, you are doing it all wrong.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      IMO there will be a big bear market pop to get hopes up soon. Then tank more. It's going to stay ugly a while imo.

And the index may be down 6% but most stocks are down 10-60%. Randomly name a few and let's see. AMZN. What's it down from highs a couple weeks ago?
      A bear market pop? What is that? Bear markets don't pop; they drop.

Comment

The biggest market rallies tend to happen during bear markets. They go down, down, down, down until people break. Once capitulation day happens or a good event like good FED news they rally super hard. May be just a huge one day gain but it's almost always impressive.

AMZN - High 2 months ago was 3,750 Now at 2,850 or 24% drop
        AAPL - Down 12%
        NFLX - High was 700 and it's now just under 400 or -43%. Market cap was around 300B at the peak. It's lost around 150Billion in market cap.

High beta names down 40-80%. Those who bought near the top have to have gains of 100-500% just to break even. This list is long.

Comment

The biggest market rallies tend to happen during bear markets. They go down, down, down, down until people break. Once capitulation day happens or a good event like good FED news they rally super hard. May be just a huge one day gain but it's almost always impressive.

AMZN - High 2 months ago was 3,750 Now at 2,850 or 24% drop
          AAPL - Down 12%
          NFLX - High was 700 and it's now just under 400 or -43%. Market cap was around 300B at the peak. It's lost around 150Billion in market cap.

High beta names down 40-80%. Those who bought near the top have to have gains of 100-500% just to break even. This list is long.

For those of us not in the know, could we get some other names?

Comment

Once tsla finds some support it seems to be a good buy, Valero also. I just don't know when they will find it. I think all you have to do right now is wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              For those of us not in the know, could we get some other names?
              Names of stocks that tanked? There's hundreds of them

If one only looked at individual stocks they'd think the markets were down 30-40%

Comment

Names of stocks that tanked? There's hundreds of them

If one only looked at individual stocks they'd think the markets were down 30-40%
                I guess what I was asking is where can you find these company names? As far as I know the Fidelity website, which is who I use, only has the biggest winners and losers on a daily basis.

Comment

I guess what I was asking is where can you find these company names? As far as I know the Fidelity website, which is who I use, only has the biggest winners and losers on a daily basis.
                  I just have a lot of names on a watchlist. And see people tweet names etc.

This was tweeted BEFORE Fridays losses
                  From ATH / To ATH
                  BIGC -82% / 461%
                  FSLY -78% / 356%
                  FUBO -79% / 366%
                  NNOX -89% / 776%
                  PTON -82% / 466%
                  SKLZ -88% / 722%
                  SPCE -85% / 570%

FSLR - First Solar now has a PE of 18 Drops much more and I'm buying.
                  Last edited by RiverRat1; 01-22-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I just have a lot of names on a watchlist. And see people tweet names etc.

This was tweeted BEFORE Fridays losses
                    From ATH / To ATH
                    BIGC -82% / 461%
                    FSLY -78% / 356%
                    FUBO -79% / 366%
                    NNOX -89% / 776%
                    PTON -82% / 466%
                    SKLZ -88% / 722%
                    SPCE -85% / 570%

FSLR - First Solar now has a PE of 18 Drops much more and I'm buying.
                    Dang, Tim, you do know that none of the first 7 companies you listed are profitable? In fact, NONE of those have EVER made a profit since they have been in business, and some of them are growing losses more each year. Who wants to buy a company that is losing money? Those percentages are meaningless. Don't you think it would be prudent to issue a disclaimer for the neophytes and state that those are purely SPECULATIVE...for those on here are clueless about analyzing stocks? Some may take your list as an endorsement.

First Solar is a different story; profitable and valuation is improving.

Comment

This is why I stay out of direct stocks & go index funds, ETFs
                      Now anyone who bought into Walmart in the 70s & 80s is probably smiling big

Comment

Do the same strategy, weekly draw into index funds and quit watching market. Pretty firm on S&P 500, it’s hard to beat.

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        This is why I stay out of direct stocks & go index funds, ETFs
                        Now anyone who bought into Walmart in the 70s & 80s is probably smiling big

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Dang, Tim, you do know that none of the first 7 companies you listed are profitable? In fact, NONE of those have EVER made a profit since they have been in business, and some of them are growing losses more each year. Who wants to buy a company that is losing money? Those percentages are meaningless. Don't you think it would be prudent to issue a disclaimer for the neophytes and state that those are purely SPECULATIVE...for those on here are clueless about analyzing stocks? Some may take your list as an endorsement.

First Solar is a different story; profitable and valuation is improving.
                          He asked for stocks down a lot.

Comment

He asked for stocks down a lot.
                            Yeah, I know, but the inference that I gleaned was that he would be interested in buying some that are down. Seriously would you recommend a novice investor buy those stocks? I think that is what he was interested in...stocks that have tanked AND are undervalued. Those are NOT undervalued.

I try to bite my lip/typing fingers on these threads, but it pains me to see inexperienced (i.e., no experience) jumping in (or as some say...throwing money at them) and buying some of the speculative stocks that have no fundamentals. The vast majority on this thread do not understand how to analyze a company and will invariable lose money. It is obvious that they are clueless about the stock market. Does it not bother you that some will take your comments as advice to buy and lose money? I don't like to see folks throw money away hoping against all odds that they will hit a homer when they have never swung a bat.

Comment

Okay, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                Yeah, I know, but the inference that I gleaned was that he would be interested in buying some that are down. Seriously would you recommend a novice investor buy those stocks? I think that is what he was interested in...stocks that have tanked AND are undervalued. Those are NOT undervalued.

I try to bite my lip/typing fingers on these threads, but it pains me to see inexperienced (i.e., no experience) jumping in (or as some say...throwing money at them) and buying some of the speculative stocks that have no fundamentals. The vast majority on this thread do not understand how to analyze a company and will invariable lose money. It is obvious that they are clueless about the stock market. Does it not bother you that some will take your comments as advice to buy and lose money? I don't like to see folks throw money away hoping against all odds that they will hit a homer when they have never swung a bat.
                                Not to worry. I wasn’t going to buy any, just curious where he’s finding these companies that are down so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X