No announcement yet.

Epic Cooking Fails Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No particular story to tell but my wife won't let me cook anything but fried eggs, for breakfast. My problem is I can't follow a recipe. I get to thinkin "this would taste great in there" for an ingredient that was not originally in the recipe. Then the thought process goes into overdrive. All kinds of things that do not belong in that particular dish gets put in it.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
      No particular story to tell but my wife won't let me cook anything but fried eggs, for breakfast. My problem is I can't follow a recipe. I get to thinkin "this would taste great in there" for an ingredient that was not originally in the recipe. Then the thought process goes into overdrive. All kinds of things that do not belong in that particular dish gets put in it.
      Ah!!! It’s the old “I can make this better” mentality. I’m guilty of this way to often.

Comment

About 50 years ago, while in college, a buddy wanted to smoke a venison hindquarter. He had an old refrigerator (ice box) out in the parking lot of the apartments that made a pretty good smoke. If any of you are old enough to remember those old ice boxes had a solid door with an emblem near the top. If you took the emblem out it made a real good control opening for the heat/fire.
        Don't remember all the details, but I had softball games that afternoon. We started the fire, put the hindquarter in, stuffed some paper into the hole at the top of the door, and off I went to the games.
        He got there before I got back to find that the paper stuffing had burned out and the fire got a little hot. The hindquarter was a charred clump in the ice box. However, if you carved enough of the char off, the rest was pretty good. Being starving college kids we ate it anyway.

Comment

Anytime I try to feed the kiddos a meal with Green bell peppers in it. They balk and I fail. I learned this along time ago whereas my spouse has not. I am compelled to compel both sides, then I get angst from both sides.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-22-2022, 03:18 PM. Reason: CompelSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            In Louisiana you can eat anything with the right type of sauce and seasoning!
            Yes and likely go back for 2nds

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              Yes and likely go back for 2nds

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Tru Dat!!

Comment

Working...
              X