Good Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Axis

Thought my season was over and now this guy has shown up daily for the last week. Is this a good Axis or would let him go and grow? I have no experience with Axis just thinking he would like real nice on the wall.
    Attached Files

If you want him, get him quick. They are horrible about trying to pattern. Here today 10 miles away tomorrow

Comment

Looks like a good wall decoration and freezer filler to me

Comment

He's a good axis when he is in your cooler. And he would look nice on your wall. Axis can be nomadic. He may be there now and not show up again or disappear for a couple months. If you think you would ever shoot him, then take him when you get the chance.

Comment

if it were me i would take him.

Comment

I’d shoot that fat boy before a goat could fart !

Comment

He’s good enough

Comment

Oh I would put him down by any means necessary!

Comment

agree on shoot him if you see him, considering where you are at.
                  great meat and definitely getting into the bronze level of trophy, if you care about things like that. he is a good looking buck

on our place, he would likely get a pass to grow for another year or two.
                  he is probably 28-29 inches and has good mass on the beams, but not much length on caudal or eyeguards. since we have a high fence, i would not be so worried about him traveling more than a few miles.

Comment

Originally posted by hills of texas View Post
                    if you want him, get him quick. They are horrible about trying to pattern. Here today 10 miles away tomorrow
                    this!

Comment

Would look GREAT on the Wall and even BETTER on the PLATE with some potatoes...

Comment

if his main beams are higher than his back when he is eating then it's a wall hanger.

Comment

If he’s your first, put him down!

Comment

He's not huge or super mature yet, but he's nice. If you don't see them often, he's definitely a shooter. If you have a healthy herd, then wait for an older/bigger one.

Comment

30”es or better! Go kill that sucker!

Comment

Working...
                              X