TBH Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    This would be cool to bring back. Maybe winners get a TBH shirt or something from a site sponsor. Categories for videos, Ldp’s, antler scores, all must be bowkills... would be pretty fun.
    AGREE!

This once was the spirit here - then the crash of 2006 and a reset.

And after the reset - many moved on.

Many were active shooters year round - and we traveled to shoot together.

AWESOME RANDY - HAD A BLAST AND I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE DAY WE BET - WIND BLOWING LIKE CRAZY WITH SOME OF THE OPEN CLASS SHOOTERS UP THERE - HAD AN UMBRELLA CADDY - WIFE - GF type who blocked wind for their shooter.

We looked at that scene, sandbaggers galore LOL - and we still shot well doing it right - no help.

And Simek contaminated the porta potty - for about 30 minutes - that put the hurt on a few before we had to start shooting - SIMEK WAS OUR SECRET WEAPON

Drove to Dallas shot and drove the hours home post shoot - lotta time and dedication then and we all looked forward to these gatherings.

Bowwiz was our fixture - kept our gear dialed in - I used his custom bowstrings from Austin Archery back when. GOOD MEMORIES!

Comment

I don't have many hunting pics. They are all on 35mm prints. But yes, I bowhunted for quite a few years.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Ive never understood why there wasnt a shootoff or archery competition at Bownanza. An archers fest without archery…hasnt quite computed for me. Not trying to knock Bownanza…its just odd to me….but seems like an appropriate setting.
        Because more than likely someone would go home with an arrow in their azz.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Same here.

Besides, TBH is a bowhunting site, not 3D or target shooting site.
          Anything that has you shooting your bow has advantages that transfer to hunting.

I like turtles.

Comment

Bownanza 1 - we had an outdoor range.

Cotton and I - took my old ALLEN/JENNINGS 4 wheel Compound - and instinctively shot at that range - with the TBH peanut galley surrounding us. Forgot who else was MAN ENOUGH to stand on the line - with a bunch of us - no sights - using this bow with XX75 Easton's - tuned for 1972.

My first whitetail PASS THRU was done with this ride.

Gave up the Blackwidow TF Recurve - to shoot this but being 12 years old - and men were landing on the moon - yeah - Houston was one of the first cities to embrace this new technology - many of the archers worked at Nasa back then.

We even chrono'd it - think we were at 180fps or so?

We thought more would shoot at Bownanza - most drank and that was good they didn't shoot.

This is the first compound bow made. The top riser has a dremel tool like marking (dremel tools were not invented yet - hand etched). PATENT PENDING as well as serial number - less than a thousand compound bows in the world - probably one of the first 500 ever built right here.

All of the paperwork and marketing material - all part of this bow.

I hauled it so folks there, could shoot and experience HISTORY.

Cotton shot it dead nuts - retired cop - same age as me - born on the same darn day in 1960. So yes - he manned up and shot it and he shot it darn well!

Miss you brother - he and Cat once contributed here greatly - blood trailing dogs - helping where he could.

SOLOCAM (Matt in Randy's images above) Cotton's son.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 01-10-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Wildman - a fixture here from that era HERE - he shot TRAD COMPETITIONs with his favorite longbow - ROSIE.

He and Spur - shot and shot at the 3d events - Austin and Hill Country Bowhunters - anyone who know this pair know - there was some serious slinging going on.

TexasHillCountry gathering, Sika was there, BigL, Bowwiz - so many from here then.

All on the range - flinging to warm up - pre event start.

Went up to Wildman - asked him if I could send one at the 20 yard doe - never touched his bow before - but it was legendary because WILDMAN made it legendary.

Nailed that foam doe - double lung for a 10x with his ride - handed it back to Wildman = she's a good one!

Had a peanut gallery - loads around - the only way to fling arrows = pressure

We pressured everyone - and got pressured - it was all part of the fun then, before PC took over.

Comment

3D and bowhunting go hand in hand. 3D has made me a much better shot. Looks like y'all had fun in the past. If it's viable someone should take charge of organizing an event maybe.

Comment

When it happens, I'm bringing PEANUTS

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                    3D and bowhunting go hand in hand. 3D has made me a much better shot. Looks like y'all had fun in the past. If it's viable someone should take charge of organizing an event maybe.

We nominate you..

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      When it happens, I'm bringing PEANUTS

I’m picking up what you’re putting down. And laughing. A lot

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        I’m picking up what you’re putting down. And laughing. A lot
                        [emoji28]

I'll share!

Comment

Below is a link to the State qualifier schedule , but the clubs putting on those shoots usually have atleast one shoot a month into late summer.

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          That's my problem. I've got some youth and their Dads from Church wanting to go to a shoot, but it's hard to find one on a Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              We nominate you..
                              Not feasible as i am in Pittsburgh. I could possibly come down if it happens and money is involved.

Comment

Heck let’s have a contest between all the members that go shoot TAC here in TX.

Comment

Working...
                                X