Bear grizzly or Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear grizzly or Montana

Have some gift cards to cabelas. Looking at getting either the grizzly or Montana. I am leaning more towards the Montana in 50lbs. Will be used mostly just to target shoot with a little bit of hunting for deer, hogs, javalina, turkey and small game.

Anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or suggestions between the two bows other than one is a long bow and one is a recurve?

I don’t really know anything about those two particular bows, so can’t help there. But, if this is your first trad bow, you might be way better off to start closer to 40# rather than 50#.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

CTR0022, I shot a Montana in Cabelas in Buda last year. The 50# Montana I shot had serious hand shock, most by far of any bow I’ve ever shot. Reminded me of my days on a jackhammer. The current Grizzly is okay, still not FF compatible if you care. I love Bear bows and shoot 2 Kodiak takedowns and they’re great. Got a 50 yr old Grizzly and it shoots way nicer than any of the newer Grizzlies. The Super Grizzly or 60” Kodiak would definitely be nicer. I wouldn’t limit yourself to just one line of bows. Hope this helps.

Just like Bisch stated, I’d start with something lighter than 50#.

Comment

I have a 55# Grizzly. Personally I like it, although I don't have much to compare it to.

Easy to shoot, quiet, but a slower bow.

My business partner has a Montana and he likes it....has shot it for 15 years.

Comment

I had a Montana for a couple of days once. I was not impressed. I've owned Grizzlies for years and they are pretty decent bows. It is a shame that you can't use those gift cards somewhere other than Cabelas. There are some pretty decent longbows available for less than the Montana.

Comment

Working...
          X