So you won the lottery...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    A lot of churches would not accept winnings from your gambling(which the lotto is). Mine would turn it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      5-7mm in a safe income producing investments isn't going to get you very far. 7m probably buys you about 200k +/- in VERY safe income producing market investments sans taxes and broker fees annually. You can make more if you want to risk more but of its your nest egg and your done working will you want the risk. 7mm really won't go that far these days. I might sound nice but it's not all you might think it is.

LW your idea about buying and growing a business is much better than these folks talking about paying off debt and quitting work and buying land! You have the right mindset!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
      At this point, if you won, get the lump and dump it into something that generates income and depreciates, and has a loan with intrest attached to it to simply hedge against inflation and taxes.

Crazy! Wife brought up paying off the house the udder day. First time we talked about the reality of never paying it off. Write off on taxes, intrest rate cheaper than inflation.

Comment

Pay off all my Debt.
        Buy a Giant Diesel Motorhome and travel all over the US until I got tired or wore out..lol.

Then buy me a small place around Fredericksburg, Tx and the Smoky Mountains, TN to hunt and fish my life out!!

Comment

Disappear.

Comment

Buy a radio station and tell people the truth.

Comment

I would have a nice size ranch, with a healthy deer population. Would like to use the rest to change people's lives.

Comment

I wouldn’t invest not one red cent in the stock market.

Comment

I would pay off what few bills I have, then make sure the rest went to making sure my kids & grandkids were set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                    I wouldn’t invest not one red cent in the stock market.

Why not?

Comment

I would give my wife her half and tell her to hit the road. Then I would spend my half on a ranch, cold beer, and dirty women.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        I would give my wife her half and tell her to hit the road. Then I would spend my half on a ranch, cold beer, and dirty women.

Hey man I’m not sure if you know it but you said that out loud !!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

115 post until we got the right answer!!

Comment

Probably buy an electric toothbrush, sports car, the new electric hummer and that cool Ram copy of the Raptor. African safari hunt and a trophy bass fishing trip to Mexico with my son and two friends. Assuming we make it back from Mexico, maybe that new Ferrari Daytona super car. Some of those iron will broad heads and that gadget ozone killer contraption. Of course my church, family and friends would get a piece of the pie as well. A small home with a big porch on a medium sized hill overlooking some green pastures and senderos. And one of those curados on a custom rod for the little 20 acre fishing tank down there. Something to do with a ministry focused on single moms and underserved children as well as mental health for veterans. Haven’t really bothered to think much on this because as they say, you can’t win if you don’t play. Had a staff of young guys many years ago that poured a bunch of their check into lottery tickets each week and we took a good look at what they spent over the years and what a small investment could have looked like for them. It was an interesting exercise. Oh, and tack on a Sam’s Club case of tin foil for some of my TBH brethren.

The contented heart is the biggest win
                            Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 01-06-2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Fake my death

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                                Have a meeting with my church leaders and pay of the churches bills and make any repairs that need to be made.

I try to put our Lord 1st in my life.
                                Then you shouldn't be playing the lottery, and they shouldn't take the dirty money from your gambling.

So, give it to me, and I'll pray for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X