No announcement yet.

Which Car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Eaton SC is tiny compared to what dodge uses...I've quit trying to figure out direction the big 3 make.

The Camaro is faster on all HP / models / levels on the road course vs Ford, but refuses to spend a dime on advertising...I'm sure they are going to kill the icon due to sales yet again. Asinine.

Why in tarnation will Dodge not make another car that can turn to compete on the track with the mustang & camaro in the same price ranges...we know they can make on that turns. (Viper)

I would love to drive the new Z06...the weight to HP is gonna make it a screamer & so hope they run it at the 'ring. Why Ford won't follow suit to eat into vette sales is kinda nuts in itself. They like fat & fast.

I actually grew to love the interior / view of the camaro...called it the cockpit syndrome.
    Last edited by Artos; 11-09-2021, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Looks are personal preference.

But the Camaro is a monster at the track. Everyone and their uncle's sell motor parts for it. Look up the Exorcist Camaro. Absolute monster.

It's being discontinued because GM is owned by the government and GM has a history of discontinuing good products by refusing to invest in them (See the G8, Holden, and the SS).
      It’s being discontinued due to lack of sales. Of the BiG 3 it’s dead last in sales and is not even close contest.

Comment

You gotta mix in the Mustang with those 2 options.....Ford has the balance between daily driver, straight track and road course figured out.
        That said, the Camaro would be a distant third for me. It's just preference and what gets your juices flowing really.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
          It’s being discontinued due to lack of sales. Of the BiG 3 it’s dead last in sales and is not even close contest.
          Look at the two cars and 1 car company I mention. GM destroyed them. Holden was massively profitable until GM took them over. Saab as well. GM destroys unique car companies over and over. Hummer is another. Pontiac. Saturn. Oldsmobile.

All highly profitable. All built fantastic cars until GM decided they couldn't make exciting cars anymore and made them homogenize with GM worldwide platforms. Sales plummeted.

Lack of sales is due to GM marketing (and I would argue the squashed front end, but again, looks are subjective) as Artos points out. That doesn't change their track potency.

Comment

So, my initial question turned into a political debate. I dknt give a crap about all that other stuff. I simply wanted to know which car and why? And some of yall turn this into a dang political debate about some BS.

I dont really give a **** why the Camaro is being taken out of production. I just want to l ow which car is better. Can yall take your politics elsewhere, please? And I don't want a Mustang either.

Looks like the SS 1LE is what most people think is the better car. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Let the guy paying for it decide. Good luck with your purchase.

Comment

Hell just get one of each and you can take your pick for daily drives. Lol. Good luck and post up what you end getting.

Comment

Simple, Camero wins unless you want visibility over the rear quarter panel.

Comment

Scat pack will hold it’s value better than the Camero. Definitely get the wide body. It’s more expensive being an 8k add.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Let the guy paying for it decide. Good luck with your purchase.

He’s the one who asked what to buy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        So, my initial question turned into a political debate. I dknt give a crap about all that other stuff. I simply wanted to know which car and why? And some of yall turn this into a dang political debate about some BS.

I dont really give a **** why the Camaro is being taken out of production. I just want to l ow which car is better. Can yall take your politics elsewhere, please? And I don't want a Mustang either.

Looks like the SS 1LE is what most people think is the better car. Thanks for the input.
                        Again, if you are going to the track, the 1LE is better. If it were me, and I were just wanted power and presence on the road, Challenger all day (Preferably wide body). If I wanted a track car, SS 1LE.

My apologies if I got too "political". Just wanted to point out "being last in sales" has nothing to do with build quality or potency of the car, but rather a culture of poor decision making at GM.

Anyways, post up what you buy!

Comment

Camaro...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            He’s the one who asked what to buy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I was thinking the same thing... It was always going to be a debate.

Comment

I have a 2014 1LE .. it is a fun car to drive. If you are looking for straight line power then edge slightly to the Dodge. If you want combination of straight line and great handling then the 1LE is by far best option....can add the aftermarket supercharger to that 1LE to be at ZL1 levels or above.

Comment

Let’s be realistic; how many are going to be running any of these cars on the track on a regular basis, especially a road course where I agree the Camaro is the better choice.

But most people are going to daily drive it and play on the street from time to time. The Dodge is going to be the more comfortable choice for most applications. Plus that Hemi sounds so sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X