Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were going to start a hunting lease.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Lmao... heckler alert! Go chase a bad guy or something!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    LOL!!!

Man I just wanna go fishin. Here or the water. Sometimes bites are easier here [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Still sporty I see, still like it. No one said you did anything wrong? Your situation is different then 99.9 percent of the other hunters on this site. Carry on or have a coldly... or be upset, no skin off my back.

AC, my apologies for derailing your thread a bit sir.

Good evening gents...

Oh good lord with the " we have a16 k acre pasture,
      control 9k acres, pounded culls for 13 years, culling LF works ". YOUR QUOTE

I love guys like you who post something and then deny they ever said it - read your quote above - you only wish you were on a lease like we are on -guys like you pop off and then brush it off - "roll eyes" certainly insinuates we are doing "something wrong" - you stuck your foot in your mouth and now will not admit it - you are correct - you did derail the thread. I said nothing to warrant your response - again simply stated how we do it

Let me guess - now a guy like you comes back with another smart a** remark to try to make it sound like you really did not mean it and that I should just have a beer - give me a break

You keep bashing folks on this forum who dont agree with you and we will keep killing world class bucks - you tha man
      Last edited by Huntingfool; 09-16-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I'm a land owner and don't lease but i still have rules for myself, the kids and guests. i have more bucks that does so does are off limits again this year. i have 2 fork horns on the list, one has a piece of his jaw missing and the other had a deformed antler growing down the side of his head. i have one 6 point that is almost a 4 due to small brow tines and he's 3 yo. my trophy target this year is a 9 point that's 7 yo and scores around 150.
        if it's not one of those then let it walk. the only exception is if it's a kids first deer

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
          Oh good lord with the " we have a16 k acre pasture,

control 9k acres, pounded culls for 13 years, culling LF works ". YOUR QUOTE

I love guys like you who post something and then deny they ever said it - read your quote above - you only wish you were on a lease like we are on -guys like you pop off and then brush it off - "roll eyes" certainly insinuates we are doing "something wrong" - you stuck your foot in your mouth and now will not admit it - you are correct - you did derail the thread. I said nothing to warrant your response - again simply stated how we do it

Let me guess - now a guy like you comes back with another smart a** remark to try to make it sound like you really did not mean it and that I should just have a beer - give me a break

You keep bashing folks on this forum who dont agree with you and we will keep killing world class bucks - you tha man
          Had to spit my drink out with the " wish I was on your lease " comment but keep trying there buttercup. My deer are uncontested LF giants, and I have a few native HF to boot too. Take your pick.

My apology was to AC not you "fool." I enjoy sporty chaps like you, easy to wind up on the ol dubya dubya.... I'll never understand it, but hey again no skin off my back. Also if you look above there winder licker you started quoting me... I was in my lane, you swerved over.... enjoy your evening if you're not too upset.

Comment

This don’t have anything to do with management but here’s my number one rule- no guest hunting. If you don’t pay you don’t play.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
              This don’t have anything to do with management but here’s my number one rule- no guest hunting. If you don’t pay you don’t play.
              Good rule! Especially for a trophy lease.

Comment

Ttt. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

culling is a tough question that starts with the size of your lease. If you are small and the neighbors are not on board you could be fighting an uphill battle. I do know from experience it is a tough one to get everyone on the lease to agree on the rules. So with that being said as the ramrod, make a choice and stick by it. as long as it is established and known up front then it is hard to argue

Comment

Some people should really pay attention to threads throughout the year before they run off at the keyboard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Would you do Community stands?

Comment

Wait just a dadgum minute here!!! I thought we quit cullin' last year?!! I thought we were "skimmin''' now? Will y'all make up yore dadgum minds?!! We skimmed a bunch of bucks off the bottom last year and let the big boys walk... I guess according to "statistics" and "studies" we're pizzin' against the wind too... Trouble is, they's shore some truly bigguns showin' up now... don't know how that could be possible?! Maybe the deer didn't get the memo? I dunno...

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                          Would you do Community stands?

I’m not against having some out there for everyone to use.

Primarily each member will have two areas they set up and feed in. They will be the only ones allowed to hunt their spots unless they give another member permission

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Wait just a dadgum minute here!!! I thought we quit cullin' last year?!! I thought we were "skimmin''' now? Will y'all make up yore dadgum minds?!! We skimmed a bunch of bucks off the bottom last year and let the big boys walk... I guess according to "statistics" and "studies" we're pizzin' against the wind too... Trouble is, they's shore some truly bigguns showin' up now... don't know how that could be possible?! Maybe the deer didn't get the memo? I dunno...

Charlie none of this craziness we’ve gone through in 2020 happened until we started skimming bucks.

Let’s just get back to culling them.

Comment

Trophy -Main Frame 10 or better atleast 5.5 140''(changeable)
                              Mngmt-5.5 and less than 140"(covers big 8's and inferior 10plus)
                              Cull-4.5 and 8 or less

Shoot does pre rut that way hes not waisting his time.
                              Last edited by TXDUCKCUTTER; 09-17-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                maybe your skimmers self identified as trophies. it is the year 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X