Knee replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee replacement

Any of had a knee replacement? I'm scheduled for my right knee to be replaced in early December. I'm apprehensive and wondered if you could share your experience relative to rehab, pain expectations, length of rehab etc. Thanks.

Had one plus a revision. Expect at least a full recovery to last about 4-6 months. Keep up with PT. Take Tylenol or some kind of pain med right before pt. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my left knee replaced, 8-9 years ago. My first few days were painful. They had done a nerve block but they had issues with it.
      I was working after 2 weeks. I just sat on a job site all day.
      Physical therapy is important. Some days are painful, some not to bad. You have to push through it.

But in the end it was well worth it

Comment

A young man like you, Matt, should shake it off in no time!

I had an elderly lady client (late 80's) once who had a knee replacement. I looked up to see her walking into my office less than 2 weeks after her surgery! She said it was so easy that she was going to have her other knee done!

Don't be a wuss!

Comment

Wife had it done August 6th. By mid October she was doing great. Now Nov. 29th she is 90%. Do the therapy.

Comment

I had my right knee replaced October 1 this year and a left knee revision November 5 this year (2 weeks ago) . I went back to work yesterday. I work construction out in the field. Been off all pain meds for over a week. Just taking Tylenol now. Have about 3 more weeks of therapy to go. Not that bad. Just do the therapy. The Dr. will have you up and walking the same day as the surgery.

Comment

Oh yeah, the revision is a lot more painful than the replacement.

Comment

Following. I may be in the same situation come January, but might be able to get by with a partial replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  A young man like you, Matt, should shake it off in no time!

I had an elderly lady client (late 80's) once who had a knee replacement. I looked up to see her walking into my office less than 2 weeks after her surgery! She said it was so easy that she was going to have her other knee done!

Don't be a wuss!

He asked how long. I stated full recovery time frame. I had a total of 13 surgeries including my two replacements. Scar tissue is a pain. First replacement had cement broken and still worked on an airport ramp for 3 years. Every time I got up, my knee locked until I walked 10 steps it so. Then went to the medical field. After another 3 yrs I decide to have a revision. I was up and walking within 3 wks. Went back to work in 8 wks in a trauma 2 ER. Didn’t have full ROM until month 4. Didn’t feel my best until month 6. So you want to call me a wuss? You can kiss my Redneck butt. Until you have walked in my shoes, keep the name calling to yourself. And if you ain’t down with that, I’ve got two words for ya...

Comment

Knee Replacement

I had 1 replace in March of 18 the other in May of 18...They were 10w apart...Both were sore the fst week but after 2 weeks I was driving and functional..Had to be careful though therapy is great and uncomfortable at times...I had a Spinal and Nerve block in both surgery's I took 4 pain pills with each Knee..and I am 74 and big boy...Was released by Doc and Therapy 6w in both..
                    My cuz had 1 replaced 6w ago and was release in 5 weeks he had same doc and simular results he's 74 ( matter fact his surgery was on his Birthday

If I had another knee I would do it again in a Minute best thing I ever done after 15y of suffering...I get around like I'm 40 again its been almost 1 1/2 y ...Thank you( Doc Brian Parsley)

I was so Scare (apprehensive) After first knee was 3 or 4 weeks along ...I could not wait to have the other done.. Oh yes I and Cuz went home next day...I used a Recumbuant Bike at home and loaned it to cuz for his ..Me and him think it was Great Help

Good luck, Prayers we'll be thinking about ya
                    Last edited by cva34; 11-20-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emttex View Post
                      He asked how long. I stated full recovery time frame. I had a total of 13 surgeries including my two replacements. Scar tissue is a pain. First replacement had cement broken and still worked on an airport ramp for 3 years. Every time I got up, my knee locked until I walked 10 steps it so. Then went to the medical field. After another 3 yrs I decide to have a revision. I was up and walking within 3 wks. Went back to work in 8 wks in a trauma 2 ER. Didn’t have full ROM until month 4. Didn’t feel my best until month 6. So you want to call me a wuss? You can kiss my Redneck butt. Until you have walked in my shoes, keep the name calling to yourself. And if you ain’t down with that, I’ve got two words for ya...

Wow! My response was directed to my friend , Matt (Rustled Again), not you. I am sorry you got your panties in a wad over friendly banter directed to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Wow! My response was directed to my friend , Matt (Rustled Again), not you. I am sorry you got your panties in a wad over friendly banter directed to someone else.

Just trying to set the record straight. And all you had to say to me was “sorry. That was meant for someone else.” And left it there. You didn’t have to add in all the other comments.

***And this is the reason some shouldn’t even respond to the topics. Especially when they don’t pertain to you.***

Comment

I was told my next step is steroid shots then knee replacement.

But it is too early to get out the popcorn.

Comment

I can't eat popcorn due to a stomach condition, but i'm ready for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by emttex View Post
                              Just trying to set the record straight. And all you had to say to me was “sorry. That was meant for someone else.” And left it there. You didn’t have to add in all the other comments.

***And this is the reason some shouldn’t even respond to the topics. Especially when they don’t pertain to you.***

Sounds like the reason YOU shouldn't respond.

"All you had to say was "sorry, I misunderstood"...but YOU added in all the other comments...

Comment

Working...
                              X