Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 04-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #151
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Insurgents shot down a U.S. military helicopter during fighting in eastern Afghanistan, killing 30 Americans, most of them belonging to the same elite unit as the Navy SEALs who killed former Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden, U.S. officials said Saturday. It was the deadliest single loss for American forces in the decade-old war against the Taliban.

The warriors/heroes that took out OBL ended up being gunned down always seemed odd to me. A lot of things about it didnt make sense.

I think the corruption made it ways to the very very top, and dragging it out on the table is going to be very hard, and probably deadly for those involved.
My best friend was on that Chinook that got shot down. It was August 6th, 2011 in Wardak Province, Afghanistan. His name was Stephen "Matt" Mills. ST6 is true ****** warriors but the team that was shot down that day was a different color team than what killed OBL. I was @ his wedding in Bastrop, along w/3 other ST6 guys that died during that mission (Extortion 17) the day OBL was killed, so I know for a fact it was a different color squad. Even though they were a different color squad of ST6, I truly feel they were set up by the Obama administration as trade bait for OBL. There's been congressional hearing over that mission but the government refuses to answer any questions. Etortion 17 (odd name for that mission, isn't it) was a total crock of **** & somebody needs to pay for it.
The one they say "was ejected & still alive" was my buddy, Matt.
https://www.circa.com/story/2017/04/...-chopper-crash
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #152
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Thanks for posting the link and your experience. I dont doubt their has been misinformation leaked.

To me it is just odd that you would that many soldiers in a Chinook in such a hot area.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #153
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Insurgents shot down a U.S. military helicopter during fighting in eastern Afghanistan, killing 30 Americans, most of them belonging to the same elite unit as the Navy SEALs who killed former Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden, U.S. officials said Saturday. It was the deadliest single loss for American forces in the decade-old war against the Taliban.

The warriors/heroes that took out OBL ended up being gunned down always seemed odd to me. A lot of things about it didnt make sense.

I think the corruption made it ways to the very very top, and dragging it out on the table is going to be very hard, and probably deadly for those involved.
Odd is putting it nicely unless you believe it was just coincidence!!
My question has always been "why where they assassinated? What did they know and who didn't want that to get out?? Where's the body? I put NOTHING past that addministration.. But remember the Benghazi massacre was because of a video tape!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #154
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
My best friend was on that Chinook that got shot down. It was August 6th, 2011 in Wardak Province, Afghanistan. His name was Stephen "Matt" Mills. ST6 is true ****** warriors but the team that was shot down that day was a different color team than what killed OBL. I was @ his wedding in Bastrop, along w/3 other ST6 guys that died during that mission (Extortion 17) the day OBL was killed, so I know for a fact it was a different color squad. Even though they were a different color squad of ST6, I truly feel they were set up by the Obama administration as trade bait for OBL. There's been congressional hearing over that mission but the government refuses to answer any questions. Etortion 17 (odd name for that mission, isn't it) was a total crock of **** & somebody needs to pay for it.
Extortion 17.. Wow. That fits the MO of that addmin to T. All smoke and mirrors..
Lies, lies and more lies.. Nothing but 8 years of lies. They lied about everything!!!! And still do..
Sorry to hear about your friend..
I'm 110% in agreement that those in charge at the time of this should pay..

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 04-08-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #155
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Before that I never believed they actually got OBL Most wanted man on planet earth and you keep no evidence? A blind man could see through that one.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #156
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Before that I never believed they actually got OBL Most wanted man on planet earth and you keep no evidence? A blind man could see through that one.
It was the night after his wedding & I was VERY hung over. As soon as I heard, I called him. He was ****** because that was his "super bowl" & he didn't get to attend! He talked to someone that I'm not privy to & it was confirmed. He wasn't able to tell me everything about work (for obvious reasons) but I don't think he would've made up any stories about OBL. That was his entire career up to that point, was getting OBL. All ST6 (they actually go by DEVGRU but the news called them ST6 so that's what everyone knows them as) does is counter terrorism. They are EXTREMELY bad *** @ it & very effective.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #157
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Thanks for posting the link and your experience. I dont doubt their has been misinformation leaked.

To me it is just odd that you would that many soldiers in a Chinook in such a hot area.
The same thing happened a few times during the WOT. Things don't always go as planned. All it takes is one lucky shot.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #158
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
The same thing happened a few times during the WOT.
When?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #159
SB09
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Baylor and Grayson Counties

Quote:
We met Mr. Mills' brother in Argentina on a Dove hunt recently.
SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #160
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Odd is putting it nicely unless you believe it was just coincidence!!
My question has always been "why where they assassinated? What did they know and who didn't want that to get out?? Where's the body? I put NOTHING past that addministration.. But remember the Benghazi massacre was because of a video tape!!!
Quote:
I was on the USS Carl Vinson when we dumped his body into the ocean. Only officers were allowed to see the body, the Executive Officer had 4 90 pound dumbbells brought down from the gyms and they chained them to the body before pushing it over. The facts I can tell you is there was an Osprey and a SEAL TEAM that came with a body bag that was full. We went DIW and into a special sea and anchor detail while the autopsy was done, I was the TOP supervisor during special sea and anchor details and was called out of my rack after getting off watch an hour prior to go man this detail. Hangar bay 3 was closed and they had every entrance guarded by ship security.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #161
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
It was the night after his wedding & I was VERY hung over. As soon as I heard, I called him. He was ****** because that was his "super bowl" & he didn't get to attend! He talked to someone that I'm not privy to & it was confirmed. He wasn't able to tell me everything about work (for obvious reasons) but I don't think he would've made up any stories about OBL. That was his entire career up to that point, was getting OBL. All ST6 (they actually go by DEVGRU but the news called them ST6 so that's what everyone knows them as) does is counter terrorism. They are EXTREMELY bad *** @ it & very effective.

Right on because technically "SEAL team 6" is off the books. When I was stationed in San Diego I hung out at this dive bar in Imperial Beach and they had all of the SEAL teams listed and a bunch of Class pictures, skips ST6.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #162
GarGuy
Pope & Young

The look on the dems face was priceless when Barr told them he knew there was spying on the Trump campaign and he was investigating.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #163
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
The look on the dems face was priceless when Barr told them he knew there was spying on the Trump campaign and he was investigating.
It was priceless and I don't think this is going to be going away anytime soon.
I'm still hopefully that heads will roll.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #164
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Elk in CO....Deer in Lyons, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
It was a beautiful thing!
unclefish is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #165
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
I was on the USS Carl Vinson when we dumped his body into the ocean. Only officers were allowed to see the body, the Executive Officer had 4 90 pound dumbbells brought down from the gyms and they chained them to the body before pushing it over. The facts I can tell you is there was an Osprey and a SEAL TEAM that came with a body bag that was full. We went DIW and into a special sea and anchor detail while the autopsy was done, I was the TOP supervisor during special sea and anchor details and was called out of my rack after getting off watch an hour prior to go man this detail. Hangar bay 3 was closed and they had every entrance guarded by ship security.
For what reason would only certain individuals be allowed to see his body???
I'm not doubting YOUR story that a "body" was dumped but why all the viewing privilege and secrecy?? What would be the big deal around this? It makes no sense unless they were trying to hide something..
Call me sceptical but there is something very, very fishy about that and considering who was in charge at the time makes me even that much more skeptical..
Hell Sadam Hussein's bloody face was plastered all of the media for weeks..
Old 04-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #166
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
For what reason would only certain individuals be allowed to see his body???
I'm not doubting YOUR story that a "body" was dumped but why all the viewing privilege and secrecy?? What would be the big deal around this? It makes no sense unless they were trying to hide something..
Call me sceptical but there is something very, very fishy about that and considering who was in charge at the time makes me even that much more skeptical..
Hell Sadam Hussein's bloody face was plastered all of the media for weeks..
I don't disagree with you, there was a lot of skeptics on the ship... I just stated the facts that I know. I have no clue who was in the bag.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #167
CEO
Ten Point

If osama was still alive he would've been on the Pakistani tv the next night calling out America. Same with the 9/11 hijackers who are supposedly still alive.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #168
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
If osama was still alive he would've been on the Pakistani tv the next night calling out America. Same with the 9/11 hijackers who are supposedly still alive.
Not if he's in a bunker chained down... Or a million other places.

All I know is it's real fishy they didn't show the entire world proof that he was dead. If the entire planet ever needed proof of a death it was OBL.

And he's one of the only people where proof was not shown? Really?

None of us will ever know the truth IMO
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #169
CEO
Ten Point

Quote:
Not if he's in a bunker chained down... Or a million other places.

All I know is it's real fishy they didn't show the entire world proof that he was dead. If the entire planet ever needed proof of a death it was OBL.

And he's one of the only people where proof was not shown? Really?

None of us will ever know the truth IMO
Who has him chained down and why? The world would explode if it came out he was still alive. All of the Middle East, Russia, and 90% of the planet would give anything possible to expose the US with something like that.

I don't disagree some type of proof would help 1% of people. Everyone else would have the same opinion as they do now. If you believe he's dead you say, yep that's a picture of dead osama. If you believe he's alive; that's not him, body double, photoshop, stunt double, etc.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:59 PM   #170
LFD2037
Pope & Young

There is a photo. Is it really him? Idk but sure looks like him.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:04 PM   #171
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:

Naw, Not if Barry HUSSEIN Obama promised the most wanted man on the planet a new, free life, plus untold sums of cash, if he would agree to make his administration look good by agreeing to pretend to be dead and dissapear from the face of the earth forever. A total identity change... Hell he is probably living in the US running a chain of brushless car washes.. LOL Ive never believed he is dead and still don't. Why would anyone believe Hillary or Barry??

Heck with the limited amount of evidence/proof that the crookedest admin in US history provided you couldn't even get a conviction in a court of law yet millions bought it hook, line, and sinker...
Old 04-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #172
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Who has him chained down and why? The world would explode if it came out he was still alive. All of the Middle East, Russia, and 90% of the planet would give anything possible to expose the US with something like that.

I don't disagree some type of proof would help 1% of people. Everyone else would have the same opinion as they do now. If you believe he's dead you say, yep that's a picture of dead osama. If you believe he's alive; that's not him, body double, photoshop, stunt double, etc.
If he came out today and could PROVE himself to still be alive 3/4 of this country would never believe it at this point.. The narrative was set in stone.. Done. Mission accomplished.. That what they do.. They bend folks minds with lies..
RUSSIA COLLUSION!!
Old 04-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #173
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
There is a photo. Is it really him? Idk but sure looks like him.
A Bobcat resembles a Ocelot too.. We see how many get that totally wrong..
Old 04-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #174
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, there was a lot of skeptics on the ship... I just stated the facts that I know. I have no clue who was in the bag.
I'm glad to see that there were Skeptics on the ship.. For good reason.. I would have been right there with them..
Old 04-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #175
CEO
Ten Point

Quote:
Naw, Not if Barry HUSSEIN Obama promised the most wanted man on the planet a new, free life, plus untold sums of cash, if he would agree to make his administration look good by agreeing to pretend to be dead and dissapear from the face of the earth forever. A total identity change... Hell he is probably living in the US running a chain of brushless car washes.. LOL Ive never believed he is dead and still don't. Why would anyone believe Hillary or Barry??

Heck with the limited amount of evidence/proof that the crookedest admin in US history provided you couldn't even get a conviction in a court of law yet millions bought it hook, line, and sinker...
So you're saying Osama would choose cash over proving the biggest hoax of the century while simultaneously causing a huge ****storm for the country he hates more than any other?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #176
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
So you're saying Osama would choose cash over proving the biggest hoax of the century while simultaneously causing a huge ****storm for the country he hates more than any other?

I'm thinking more along the lines of he chose his LIFE with the garauntee never to be hunted again because he doesn't "exist" any longer.. Erased.. It can happen..
Old 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #177
CEO
Ten Point

Quote:
I'm thinking more along the lines of he chose his LIFE with the garauntee never to be hunted again because he doesn't "exist" any longer.. Erased.. It can happen..
Oh I know it can happen. I just don't think he's a guy that would go for it. He's also not a guy that can be trusted to stick to terms. Maybe if he had an ankle bracelet that would stick him with a lethal injection if he left his private island.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #178
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

I will say one thing: I am SHOCKED that pictures have never been leaked. With all of the corruption, and all of the lies, and all of the leaks of confidential and classified information during the obama administration...how were no pictures or proof of death leaked? Leaking classified information was obama’s MO, I’m just shocked no other details came out
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 01:06 AM   #179
Thumper
Pope & Young

I do not see the deep-state crumbling, maybe some negative press, not much else.
Thumper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 01:40 AM   #180
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

The only thing crumbling is the middle class. We can't continue to allow politicians to sit around DC and just line their pockets with green while the middle class carries the load of the overwhelming tax burden.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 05:59 AM   #181
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I do not see the deep-state crumbling, maybe some negative press, not much else.
I tell myself it took a while to get built up and it will take a while to get torn down. I don't know maybe it's me wanting it more so than its going to happen.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 AM   #182
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
When?
Lone survivor incident, Anaconda. I don't think there were AS many people on each helo, but still quite a few. Weren't they all acting as QRFs?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #183
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Lone survivor incident, Anaconda. I don't think there were AS many people on each helo, but still quite a few. Weren't they all acting as QRFs?
Operation red wing - 19

Operaton anaconda - 8 (7 in battle)...this operation was a $h!t show
Old 04-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #184
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Operation red wing - 19

Operaton anaconda - 8 (7 in battle)...this operation was a $h!t show
How many were actually in the helo that was shot down? Or were there more than one? I can't remember.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #185
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Lone Survivor guys were QRF's, I don't think the original SEAL that was killed in Anaconda was QRF, but QRF guys ended up getting killed looking for the SEAL.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:58 AM   #186
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
How many were actually in the helo that was shot down? Or were there more than one? I can't remember.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anaconda

You'll have to scroll down to March 3rd-4th..

This was a HUGE operation and when the first Chinook went in with the SEAL team they were shot, but crash landed safely. One of the SEALs fell out when it was shot. They sent in multiple QRF teams. I think a total of 2 Chinooks were "shot down" (controlled crash landings). Most of the casualties were from small arms fire. I think 3 rangers got killed getting off of the helo, and one gunner from a helo was killed as well.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #187
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

The saying goes cant hang yourself if you aint got enough rope... I think the same holds true if you got too much rope.

Them politicians in DC have wayyy too much rope they cant be removed. Honestly I really hope all the players of the fiasco's over the last 10 years pay for what they have done, but I wont be surprised if they don't. It's going to take the people to rise up against the tyrannical players and rid them of the earth as crazy and brutal as that sounds.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 08:36 AM   #188
SB09
Pope & Young

Here we boyssss...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...ing-violations
Old 04-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #189
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
Meh. Same thing they popped Manafort for. It's BS. Something tells me this is nothing more than scraps to say "see! it's all equal and fair! let's all move on now!".
Old 04-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #190
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Meh. Same thing they popped Manafort for. It's BS. Something tells me this is nothing more than scraps to say "see! it's all equal and fair! let's all move on now!".
Or, it's possibly just the first step? The same road map the Democrats envisioned things taking with Trump? Time will tell. Odds are, you're are right though, if we go by what history tells us.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #191
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
The only thing crumbling is the middle class. We can't continue to allow politicians to sit around DC and just line their pockets with green while the middle class carries the load of the overwhelming tax burden.
Yep
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #192
GarGuy
Pope & Young

The arrest of WikiLeaks founder today may play in as well.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #193
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

I love the optimism some of you fellers have, but I just don’t think it will happen.
I will gladly eat crow if it does.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #194
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #195
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Elk in CO....Deer in Lyons, TX

I find this William Barr email from 2017 to a NYT reporter very encouraging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
unclefish is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #196
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefish View Post
I find this William Barr email from 2017 to a NYT reporter very encouraging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Whoa..... hope it happens.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #197
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Well it's been almost 2 months since I started this thread but I get the sense that the democrats are starting to feel the tectonic plates beneath them are starting to shift. This investigation appears to be gaining momentum as the attacks on AG Barr are ramping up and they are in panic mode.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:56 AM   #198
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Well it's been almost 2 months since I started this thread but I get the sense that the democrats are starting to feel the tectonic plates beneath them are starting to shift. This investigation appears to be gaining momentum as the attacks on AG Barr are ramping up and they are in panic mode.

Democrats are extremely nervous right now. They know a tsunami is coming and the dogs barking the loudest are likely to get swept away. Attack and deflect is all they have left.
Barr IS the Honey Badger and he don't care.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #199
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Good Lord, I hope y'all are right!! Don't have much confidence, but I hope...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #200
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Democrats are extremely nervous right now. They know a tsunami is coming and the dogs barking the loudest are likely to get swept away. Attack and deflect is all they have left.
Barr IS the Honey Badger and he don't care.
Yessir! This is a hilarious exchange.

Good stuff at 3:40

Last edited by JLivi1224; 05-03-2019 at 09:28 AM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top