Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #151
webb09
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Absolutley horrible.. This will never be fixed UNLESS some politicians get involved.. Politics and money go hand in hand.. I sure hope some heavy hitters have Lake Dunlap Property and their kids or grand kids are screaming right now.. If not then it's over..

These old dams breaking have me even more concerned about the OLD BIG dams in this state..
Heavy hitters is the key to getting the dam fixed. Trust me there are some heavy hitters that own property on the lake, if your not from there you wouldnít even know them
webb09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #152
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackme96 View Post
One thing to keep in mind is Canyon Lake is above pool, and they are releasing a lot of water. Right now they are releasing 1700+ cfs. Under normal conditions, the release is around 100-200cfs. So things will probably look a lot different once Canyon gets back down to normal.
This, 100%. Most people donít realize this fact. Once it backs down to the normal summertime flow that lake (or whatís left of it) will look much different.
88 Bound is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #153
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb09 View Post
Heavy hitters is the key to getting the dam fixed. Trust me there are some heavy hitters that own property on the lake, if your not from there you wouldn’t even know them
Politics and money rule the world.. This will take both..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #154
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Quote:
Absolutley horrible.. This will never be fixed UNLESS some politicians get involved.. Politics and money go hand in hand.. I sure hope some heavy hitters have Lake Dunlap Property and their kids or grand kids are screaming right now.. If not then it's over..

These old dams breaking have me even more concerned about the OLD BIG dams in this state..
There are dozens of what I guess you would call small-to-medium sized lakes that are very important to their communities that have ancient dams. Case in point - Lake Cisco. Remember just a few years ago they couldnít get the gates open on that 100 year old dam and the lake topped the emergency spillway which completely washed out a section of highway 6. Thank God it held - 500 surface acres of water dumping into that creek would have been a disaster. Thereís no telling how many lakes around Texas are in the same condition
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #155
Joel
Ten Point

Sad deal! I used to bass fish there .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #156
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb09 View Post
Heavy hitters is the key to getting the dam fixed. Trust me there are some heavy hitters that own property on the lake, if your not from there you wouldn’t even know them
Please enlighten us on the heavy hitters. There is zero reasons to fix the dam outside property values, which is a very crappy reason. It's not a real power, water or flood control lake so no incentive to spends millions and millions for recreation. Highly doubt that dam is every fixed.

Last edited by Take Dead Aim; 05-19-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #157
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Please enlighten us on the heavy hitters. There is zero reasons to fix the dam outside property values, which is a very crappy reason. It's not a real power, water or flood control lake so no incentive to spends millions and millions for recreation. Highly doubt that **** is every fixed.
I'm guessing close to Austin it will get repaired fairly soon. JMO!
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #158
FVR JR
Six Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

A dam of that scale can take years to design, followed by what can be years of permitting, followed by most importantly, somehow paying for the thing. We aren't talking farmer joe filling in a hole and putting in some boards. Unless it has some kind of flood control, or water supply function, the big money who put houses on the lake are going to be SOL for awhile. There will be enough complaining that eventually something will be done, but it ain't going to be anytime soon.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #159
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Quote:
Please enlighten us on the heavy hitters. There is zero reasons to fix the dam outside property values, which is a very crappy reason. It's not a real power, water or flood control lake so no incentive to spends millions and millions for recreation. Highly doubt that dam is every fixed.
The BILLIONAIRE who owns/owned RackSpace lives on Lake Dunlap.....it will get fixed quick. He owns several hundred acres along the shore line.
RLB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 10:19 PM   #160
webb09
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb County

Quote:
Comical....must work for GBRA
webb09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 10:26 PM   #161
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

No. Never even been to the lake. Actually never had heard of it until this incident. just using some common sense. I might be completely wrong but I just dont see anything leading me to believe that they will drop 10M plus on a new dam. I'll ask again who are the heavy hitters. That might change my stance on when and if it happens.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #162
TxSon1836
Four Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public

Quote:

When the whole state was in serious drought about 10 years ago when all the lakes were seriously down. They drained water from Lake Lavon (drinking water) to help keep Lake Ray Hubbard full. Why would they do that? To keep all the MILLIONAIRES who live on that shore lines wallets happy by keeping their values up on their properties. They will fix the **** so the rich stay happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #163
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSon1836 View Post
When the whole state was in serious drought about 10 years ago when all the lakes were seriously down. They drained water from Lake Lavon (drinking water) to help keep Lake Ray Hubbard full. Why would they do that? To keep all the MILLIONAIRES who live on that shore lines wallets happy by keeping their values up on their properties. They will fix the **** so the rich stay happy.

About 7 or 8 years ago I was at a July 4th party on Lake Granbury, which was about 12 foot low....which is pretty severe as it stays within a few feet of normal pool most of the time. People there were CONVINCED that it was so low because they were letting water out to keep Lake Whitney (downstream) boat ramps useable, and that Possum Kingdom (upstream) wasn't letting any water out so they could use their boat lifts. After a day I left Granbury and went to another party at Possum Kingdom, and you aint gonna believe this, but it was 14' low as well and the owners of that lake house were CONVINCED that BRA was letting water out of PK to keep Granbury and Whitney full.....argued with me about it for an hour, after I had literally been IN LAKE GRANBURY that very day.

I have developed a theory that when it doesn't rain for long enough, that lakes get lower and lower....until it rains enough to fill them up. I also believe that when it rains a whole **** ton...they can flood!

I have also noticed that lake house owners common sense level drops with the water, and then begins to drop again as the water gets substantially higher than normal.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:37 AM   #164
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSon1836 View Post

Your theory doesn't hold water(pun intended) when you look at Lake Travis. Not sure there is another lake in Texas that has as many million dollar homes. LCRA send water out of that lake constantly to rice farmers. It doesn't matter if it is a season of rain, drought, etc. Very wealthy people yell, scream, etc to no avail. If the LCRA doesn't listen to those owners on keeping that lake above average what makes you think little old Dunlap owners have any pull?

Last edited by Take Dead Aim; 05-20-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:38 AM   #165
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale moser View Post

About 7 or 8 years ago i was at a july 4th party on lake granbury, which was about 12 foot low....which is pretty severe as it stays within a few feet of normal pool most of the time. People there were convinced that it was so low because they were letting water out to keep lake whitney (downstream) boat ramps useable, and that possum kingdom (upstream) wasn't letting any water out so they could use their boat lifts. After a day i left granbury and went to another party at possum kingdom, and you aint gonna believe this, but it was 14' low as well and the owners of that lake house were convinced that bra was letting water out of pk to keep granbury and whitney full.....argued with me about it for an hour, after i had literally been in lake granbury that very day.

i have developed a theory that when it doesn't rain for long enough, that lakes get lower and lower....until it rains enough to fill them up. I also believe that when it rains a whole **** ton...they can flood!

I have also noticed that lake house owners common sense level drops with the water, and then begins to drop again as the water gets substantially higher than normal.

Crazy talk
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #166
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I'm still ironing out the kinks...but I think I'm on to something.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #167
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
1 billionaire with 2 screaming grand kids can move mountains if he takes a mind to and if that don't work there is always the highly endangered "Lake Dunlap triple headed mud minnow" that MUST be saved..

Oh this dam will be fix and probably in record time too.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:02 AM   #168
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
1 billionaire with 2 screaming grand kids can move mountains if he takes a mind to and if that don't work there is always the highly endangered "Lake Dunlap triple headed mud minnow" that MUST be saved..

Oh this dam will be fix and probably in record time too.
No doubt if said billionaire is willing to write a check it can get done as fast as engineering and regulations allow. If anyone is counting in govt agencies to make this happen fast good luck.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #169
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Your theory doesn't hold water(pun intended) when you look at Lake Travis. Not sure there is another lake in Texas that has as many million dollar homes. LCRA send water out of that lake constantly to rice farmers. It doesn't matter if it is a season of rain, drought, etc. Very wealthy people yell, scream, etc to no avail. If the LCRA doesn't listen to those owners on keeping that lake above average what makes you think little old Dunlap owners have any pull?
What LCRA did to the highland lakes just so the rice farmers get the water was **** near criminal.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #170
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
What LCRA did to the highland lakes just so the rice farmers get the water was **** near criminal.
I completely agree. Not sure Texas is a state you need to be growing rice in to begin with.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #171
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

People tend to overthink it and water control is ripe for conspiracy theories but I think Dale's simple explanation is correct. A friend with a place on Granbury told me of a meeting property owners had with the BRA during the worst of the drought. All these folks arrived with their torches and pitchforks to make their demands and fling accusations. He said the BRA guy started the meeting by saying they can gripe all they want but the Authority will never make a water-flow decision based on recreation or property values. He was very dismissive of their concerns. Some seem to think the job of the BRA/COE, etc is to make sure property owners have water under their docks but that is not even on the list of priorities.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #172
ramrod
Eight Point

Quote:
I completely agree. Not sure Texas is a state you need to be growing rice in to begin with.

There were rice farmers before the highland lakes, so they had first rights to the water. The rice farmers were also the biggest supporters for the lake system, as they seen the value of flood control and storage.
ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #173
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Medina Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
There were rice farmers before the highland lakes, so they had first rights to the water. The rice farmers were also the biggest supporters for the lake system, as they seen the value of flood control and storage.
Yeah, not sure why all the hate for the rice farmers.
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #174
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

What a shame, I am sure it will get rebuilt somehow at some point.
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #175
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
There were rice farmers before the highland lakes, so they had first rights to the water.
This. Some people have a hard time with things like facts. And history. And laws.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #176
droebuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard County

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandlehunter View Post
Yeah, not sure why all the hate for the rice farmers.
Because heís a fishing guide on the highland lakes. Pretty soon there will be a duck guide from Matagorda arguing his point. Remember guys the drought did it to all of us.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #177
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by droebuck View Post
Because heís a fishing guide on the highland lakes. Pretty soon there will be a duck guide from Matagorda arguing his point. Remember guys the drought did it to all of us.
I don't guide for a living so the drought didn't effect me. Who did effect was several lake communities that lost their water to their homes because of the low levels. Business went out of business due to drought. Rice farming only exist because of Government subsidies.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #178
Tryton
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk and Leon counties

We have a place along the Brazos River Authority controlled water ways. Years ago when our lake was 9 feet low I drove over the Navasota River and it was rolling pretty good. When I called BRA they said the lake was not built for recreation and they were supplying the allotment of surface water for the rice farms. It's just business I guess.
Tryton is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #179
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Medina Counties

Quote:
I don't guide for a living so the drought didn't effect me. Who did effect was several lake communities that lost their water to their homes because of the low levels. Business went out of business due to drought. Rice farming only exist because of Government subsidies.
What a terrible opinion. FYI they finished a pumping station on the Colorado that will pump water to Corpus Christi so you can add them to your hate list as well.
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #180
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:

I hope you donít ever have to farm rice for a living.
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #181
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
The solution to the lake level issues was thrown out the window YEARS ago when a certain group of people decided it was a good idea to build 100's and 100's of thousands of houses up in and throughout the hills that surround these lakes and allowing these 100's and 100's of thousands of homes to suck the lakes dry.. AND they just keep building.. SMDH!!!!
The last drought didn't teach them anything...The blatant lack of concern for such a important natural resource is astounding...
The problem is not farming or farmers.. The main problem and only problem is greed..
Old 05-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #182
Eight Point

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post

About 7 or 8 years ago I was at a July 4th party on Lake Granbury, which was about 12 foot low....which is pretty severe as it stays within a few feet of normal pool most of the time. People there were CONVINCED that it was so low because they were letting water out to keep Lake Whitney (downstream) boat ramps useable, and that Possum Kingdom (upstream) wasn't letting any water out so they could use their boat lifts. After a day I left Granbury and went to another party at Possum Kingdom, and you aint gonna believe this, but it was 14' low as well and the owners of that lake house were CONVINCED that BRA was letting water out of PK to keep Granbury and Whitney full.....argued with me about it for an hour, after I had literally been IN LAKE GRANBURY that very day.

I have developed a theory that when it doesn't rain for long enough, that lakes get lower and lower....until it rains enough to fill them up. I also believe that when it rains a whole **** ton...they can flood!

Logic not allowed here.
9452772 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #183
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
The solution to the lake level issues was thrown out the window YEARS ago when a certain group of people decided it was a good idea to build 100's and 100's of thousands of houses up in and throughout the hills that surround these lakes and allowing these 100's and 100's of thousands of homes to suck the lakes dry.. AND they just keep building.. SMDH!!!!
The last drought didn't teach them anything...The blatant lack of concern for such a important natural resource is astounding...
The problem is not farming or farmers.. The main problem and only problem is greed..

I agree with this as well. Burnet and Llano counties have started trying to be proactive on new Sub divisions and how many homes can be supported by groundwater. But greed has a lot to do with it on both sides.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #184
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Default Lake Dunlap

Quote:
I agree with this as well. Burnet and Llano counties have started trying to be proactive on new Sub divisions and how many homes can be supported by groundwater. But greed has a lot to do with it on both sides.

It's amazing that some turn this into something as complexed as "Rocket science" when actually it simple common sense..

Water supplies should be managed in the exact same way as bank accounts are.. Don't spend more than you make(demand greater than supply)and always save for the slow downs(droughts)..
Eventually someone is going to have to say enough is enough.. The development can't keep going like it is around these lakes..
Farmers are life sustaining.. Fancy houses with big fancy swimming pools are not..
The priorities are all screwed up.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #185
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
The BILLIONAIRE who owns/owned RackSpace lives on Lake Dunlap.....it will get fixed quick. He owns several hundred acres along the shore line.
Who is that? Do you mean the CEO? I believe Rackspace is owned by a private equity company.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #186
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Who is that? Do you mean the CEO? I believe Rackspace is owned by a private equity company.
Graham Weston (not sure on spelling) is who he is referring to. Not sure of his position now, but he started the company.
88 Bound is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #187
Clark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collingsworth Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
People tend to overthink it and water control is ripe for conspiracy theories but I think Dale's simple explanation is correct. A friend with a place on Granbury told me of a meeting property owners had with the BRA during the worst of the drought. All these folks arrived with their torches and pitchforks to make their demands and fling accusations. He said the BRA guy started the meeting by saying they can gripe all they want but the Authority will never make a water-flow decision based on recreation or property values. He was very dismissive of their concerns. Some seem to think the job of the BRA/COE, etc is to make sure property owners have water under their docks but that is not even on the list of priorities.
My fishing bud owns a lake lot on Granbury and his explanation during the previous draught was keeping the constant level lake in Waco full.
This may or may not fall under recreation or property values.
But Waco is full of old money.

Hope Dunlap gets fixed, it had the best Lilly pads in Central Texas.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #188
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Bound View Post
Graham Weston (not sure on spelling) is who he is referring to. Not sure of his position now, but he started the company.
Fake news. He gave $1M to three Trinity graduates. They started the company.

https://www.expressnews.com/150years...le-6503760.php
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 11:50 PM   #189
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbonecollector View Post
Look up photos of Lake Wood in Gonzales, TX where they experienced the same dam/gate failure 3YRS ago... Trees, Weeds, Grass all now fill the area where we once enjoyed skiing, fishing and boating. This is GBRA also... No money, No fix, no worries... Feel bad for the lake front property owners.
I did not know that's what happened to that lake. We were just looking at property over there, this past summer. We saw that the lake had mostly dried up and gone back to being just a river. We assumed it was a result of a drought or reduced flow up stream, most likely Canyon Lake.
RifleBowPistol is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #190
220swift
Ten Point

Hunt In: South, East, and Central Texas

Just heard that the Appropriations Committee did not approve any funding to repair the dam.

Jane Nelson, Chair of the committee, turned it down. (or so I was told)

Last edited by 220swift; 05-24-2019 at 01:21 PM.
220swift is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #191
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post
Just heard that the Appropriations Committee did not approve any funding to repair the dam.

Jane Nelson, Chair of the committee, turned it down.
Wait! What? Some all but guaranteed it would be rebuilt in 2 to 3 year as big money owned property on that lake. 10% chance at best that **** is ever rebuilt.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #192
220swift
Ten Point

Hunt In: South, East, and Central Texas

I personally think it will get rebuilt. I never thought that the state would help.
220swift is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #193
ClayW
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Karnes County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post

Jane Nelson, Chair of the committee, turned it down. (or so I was told)
Dang
ClayW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #194
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

Dang that’s sucks. From lake front to river access property
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #195
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Well, if this whole mess weren't bad enough, turns out it's a little worse than, that previously known.

Today TPW released a list of four new lakes that are infested or contaminated with zebra mussels. Guess which lake is on that list?

I don't know how TPW can claim that only Dunlap had zebra mussels, not much of anything keeping them from going down stream, before the dam failed. If they were in Dunlap, they were in every body of water down stream of Dunlap before the dam failed. Now, likely there are a lot of them down stream of Dunlap.

Something else to gossip about.
RifleBowPistol is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 09:05 PM   #196
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

No worry same was said for Livingston about 3 years ago looks pretty muddy to me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #197
mastercraftka
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Has anyone heard anything about how they are getting the boats out of those lifts? If they are?
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #198
mastercraftka
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Has anyone heard anything about how they are getting the boats out of those lifts? If they are?
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #199
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
I saw a video on IG of them getting a big ol mastercraft out through the front of the lift...

Basicaly:
They hung the boat from the rafters.
Removed cradle from beneath.
Backed trailer in from the front of the dock
It was sskettttchy but pretty ingenious.

It was also the black xstar that's for sale in the area currently.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bo...896657921.html
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #200
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
Well, if this whole mess weren't bad enough, turns out it's a little worse than, that previously known.

Today TPW released a list of four new lakes that are infested or contaminated with zebra mussels. Guess which lake is on that list?

I don't know how TPW can claim that only Dunlap had zebra mussels, not much of anything keeping them from going down stream, before the dam failed. If they were in Dunlap, they were in every body of water down stream of Dunlap before the dam failed. Now, likely there are a lot of them down stream of Dunlap.

Something else to gossip about.
They are already in everybody of water prior to Dunlap. Canyon has had them for several years. Every time water is released from canyon. they go down stream.