• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    2 cans sliced peaches (or other fruit)
    1 yellow cake mix
    1 can Sprite or 7-up

Put fruit on bottom of Dutch Oven, add cake mix, pour soda in, mix completely, put lid on. Put 12 briquettes on top and 12 briquettes on bottom and bake 45-60 minutes, rotating oven and lid every 15 minutes. I sometimes cook this at home by putting the dutch oven into my range oven at 350 degrees for the same amount of time.
    You have pictures of yours finished? And you do mix yours all together, just wondering how much different the outcome is compared to the op. I need to try this, but I don’t have a Dutch oven. What’s looking at them, and what size are you guys using ?

Comment

Cherry pie filling and chocolate cake mix. Is good also

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        You have pictures of yours finished? And you do mix yours all together, just wondering how much different the outcome is compared to the op. I need to try this, but I don’t have a Dutch oven. What’s looking at them, and what size are you guys using ?
        I don't have any pictures. I use a 12" Dutch oven for this recipe. It is all stirred together.

Comment

This is awesome around the fire and if ya have some ice cream to go on top it even better.

Comment

One of the boys wanted to do some “cowboy cookin” this weekend. What better than dessert, @ 11 in the morning!
            Attached Files

Comment

Yum yum

Comment

Mmm

Comment

Cut up a block of cream cheese on top of the rest and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and let her cook

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                    Cut up a block of cream cheese on top of the rest and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and let her cook

That sounds close to the Mexican sopapilla cheesecake recipe, and it’s dynomite.

Comment

Sounds yummy.

Where are you putting the cream cheese?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        That sounds close to the Mexican sopapilla cheesecake recipe, and it’s dynomite.
                        I hate that stuff. Or I should say, I hate myself because I can't quit eating it.

Comment

Yummy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love doing these! so many possible combinations. i have done a cherry and blackbery pie filling with a cocolate cake box instead of white and man that is good!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

A couple of good combinations are cherry and chocolate cake mix and apple and spiced cake mix. You can also use frozen berrys, add a cup of sugar, mix and let them set all day. use that instead of a pie filling if you want a something less sweet.

Add a cup of spiced rum or vanilla bourbon for an extra kick to some combinations is fun also.

Comment

Working...
                                X