Success at Bulverde Bow Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success at Bulverde Bow Ranch

Just finished up some time at Bulverde Bow Ranch and thought I’d share my experience.

This was my first year in the bulverde area and I was looking for a spot I could get a quick day trip in to fill the freezer. Stumbled across the Bulverde Bow ranch. Was a little hesitant because it’s a small place at first, but I’m glad I didn’t let that stop me. Typical hill country Ranch, he has a lot of critters.

Clay is an awesome guy. He shared cam photos every other week going into the hunt. Very responsive via text and call. He meet me at the gate, made sure I was prepared, and took me to the stand. Blinds were clean, nice, and roomy.

The weather has been rough recently and I wasn’t sure how it was going to go but I planned on sticking it out all day.

Morning was quiet but by 11am I had a small hill country meat buck down.

Clay helped me get it up to his cleaning spot and offered an extra set of hands.

I was back in the blind by 2 and saw a spike and doe. No shot opportunities.

All in all, great day and added more meat to the freezer this season. I feel like I got my monies worth.

Pending a couple other opportunities opening up, I’ll be back later this year to try for one more for the freezer.

Good luck !

Comment

Sounds good. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks for the report, TxStrong.
        Sounds like a good hunt!

Comment

Working...
        X