• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one that doesn’t have a issued hunting permit can be out there with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keaton Wright View Post
      Ya check it out on amazon. Looked pretty decent. I’ve read where some hunters are against the tripod down there because of how short the tree lines are. But I think it’ll be beneficial since it’s only 9’ tall. My lazy *** is getting an ebike too. So many hunters recommending it because you can cover so much ground in a short time.

Here’s a question I’ve been wanting to pose. Haven’t found a response. But I wonder if you can bring a companion with you? Maybe like a spotter and someone to help pack out any animals (ie 600lb Nilgai)
      Just a note on the bike and cart... take backup tubes and bike pump. Watched a video where a guy blew out both tires on bike and one on cart running over mesquite

Comment

Originally posted by SMS View Post
        Evening All. First time poster here.

Got drawn for the first archery hunt 11/6-11/10. Can’t wait. First time to the LA. Trying to scout and plan this thing out on short notice. Thinking I’m going to approach it like a hunt out west, backpacking in and hunting on the ground. Headed to CO in ‘21 so will use this as a flat land training run.

Reading back thru the old threads to learn as much as possible. Will be flying solo. If anyone is up for talking about scouting plans, lodging, celebratory beers, etc. I’m in. Happy to help out any of you good fellas if I’m able. Hope to meet some of y’all there.

Steve in Dripping Springs.
        Finally can share my email, Tamulavagejr@gmail.com. Also planning a CO hunt in 2021. Steve in Medina.

Comment

Got my E bike today. It will be a game changer for me. Now, gotta find some tire liners for the fat tires. and slime the crud out of them.

Comment

What brand/model bike did you get? Care to share the price?

Comment

Y’all got me wanting an e bike after checking them out.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                No one that doesn’t have a issued hunting permit can be out there with you

That might be true but I know last year I called and asked and was told I could bring someone to help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                  That might be true but I know last year I called and asked and was told I could bring someone to help me out.

I don't think that is correct. You can bring a non-hunter during the scouting period but not during the hunt. Unless it has changed but that has been the rule for years.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                    I don't think that is correct. You can bring a non-hunter during the scouting period but not during the hunt. Unless it has changed but that has been the rule for years.

The way they word things also doesn’t help haha. Either way I got drawn with my cousin so I have help this year!

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                      What brand/model bike did you get? Care to share the price?
                      I got a used 2020 Sondors fold-x. Has 270 miles on it for 800.00 I put a mile or so on it when we got home and I am amazed with the power. I have a bad hip with leg length difference and I can not walk a long ways. I will use the ebike at the lease as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post

did you ask to bring help after hunting hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          did you ask to bring help after hunting hours?

To be honest I can’t remember what exactly I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            I got a used 2020 Sondors fold-x. Has 270 miles on it for 800.00 I put a mile or so on it when we got home and I am amazed with the power. I have a bad hip with leg length difference and I can not walk a long ways. I will use the ebike at the lease as well.

I would absolutely recommend spare tubes, tube liners, tools, and a pump as stated earlier. Ebikes are awesome till they get a flat. Then you’re pushing a really heavy bike. Those fat tires also come off the rim when flat and rub the fork making it even worse.

Comment

I will be going on the 13-17th hunt with my cousin who also got drawn. Would anyone interested in splitting or help pay for an AirBnB in laguna vista? I stayed at a roach motel last year and felt like the door was going to get busted down haha. Rooster crowing all night and constant dogs barking trying to kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                                I would absolutely recommend spare tubes, tube liners, tools, and a pump as stated earlier. Ebikes are awesome till they get a flat. Then you’re pushing a really heavy bike. Those fat tires also come off the rim when flat and rub the fork making it even worse.
                                I appreciate the tip! Man that would stick to be stranded and trying to pack out an animal!

Comment

Working...
                                X